Growing Hemp Legalized In Virginia. What Do You Think?

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Yvonne Smith, Jan 27, 2016.

1. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

@Terry Page, marijuana is big business here. As what my mother used to say, there are many marijuana addicts around us. Sadly my brother was one of them although he had already reformed since a long time ago. About 2 weeks ago, a van from Baguio City which was stopped on a checkpoint yielded 400 kilos of marijuan. The driver played innocent and said his van was only rented and he did not know his cargo. He was driving with his 10-year old son. If proven, that van driver/owner would get a life term. Obviously, there are marijuana plantation in the Mountain Province - that's 300 kilometers north of Manila. Until now, the authorities couldn't eradicate those hidden plantations.

2. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

I think it is a good start Mr Simpson in Canada has been preaching the benefits of this for years and he has a lot of followers. I am a little nervous that they make it only can grow GMO hemp and that way they can make it a drug so they have control.

3. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

I don't have a problem with hemp. I use it in some of my designs, and have used it around the house as well. I am not a fan of drugs and marijuana is a drug. It's portrayed as harmless, and many kids are brainwashed into using it. I'm not going to get into a discussion about whether it's harmful or not. I've seen too many people and families destroyed from drug use, and many, if not most, started with marijuana. However, if someone is helped by medical marijuana I think they should be able to have it. I don't really care if someone wants to grow a few plants and use it themselves, as long as they're responsible enough to stay off the roads and keep it from pets/children.