Groupon

Discussion in 'Shopping & Sales' started by Von Jones, Oct 31, 2016.

1. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

I've been seeing Groupon a lot as an offer when I am doing surveys. Has anyone signed up for this?

Holly Saunders likes this.
  2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

No, but at the dental office my daughter used to work at did them. They are good on the customers end. They offered a free filling or exam or whitening...I forget.

But the owner of that practice used it for Getting patients...but my daughter who worked at that place worked on commission only so she worked
    for free those days. So she hated it. They have two dental practices but she worked as an associate at another practice...more money this way. Anyway she left there for a number of reasons...her boss being an a** was one.

She also found out what he was doing was illegal in CA. She was working for free. It amounted to close to $100,000 + just for all the years she did Groupon. She's took it up with an employment lawyer who also happens to be Leon Panetta's son.

Anyway, there's more to this story I cant divulge but it's juicy!!

3. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

I signed up for it years ago..and a few times when I went to use it, the establishment wasn't doing the offer any more, or it was a sub-standard service..so I stopped using it...

Diane Lane and Von Jones like this.
  4. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

@Chrissy Cross I sure hope your daughter has or will get compensated.

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  5. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

She's working on it...

Von Jones likes this.
  6. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

I don't entirely understand the concept of Groupon. If you sign up for an offer and not enough others sign up for it, does it just go away? I find the concept confusing, and it seems complicated just for my purposes, but I'm sure if the item/service was expensive, it might be worth it. I signed up for it and do receive their emails, but have never followed through on any of the offers.