Grocery Store Incidents

Discussion in 'Shopping & Sales' started by Faye Fox, Aug 8, 2021.

1. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

What interesting experiences have you had grocery shopping?

I have had several that are usually related to my glaucoma and balance nerve loss.

I was being extra careful today and passing a guy on a motorized cart when all of a sudden he did a counterclockwise spin hitting me above my knees and knocking me into a chip display sending bags of chips flying everywhere.

I wasn't hurt at all, just startled, but several rushed over to be sure I was alright. I saw the clerks putting the bags of chips back on the display, after readjusting it, and I felt sorry for anyone buying those bags that cushioned my fall sideways. I must say the Lay's Classics did keep this classic from injury.

The old fart didn't apologize as his wife was ripping him a new one and he didn't have a chance. I walked away from all that commotion fast as I could hoping no one would notice the wet spot on the crotch of my jeans.

2. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Wow; I'm glad you weren't hurt, Faye. I don't have grocery shopping adventures since I haven't set foot in a grocery store in at least 2 years now.

Faye Fox likes this.
  3. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

I never have that I know of, but a daughter of mine - that and worse follows her around. I use to think she made this stuff up until I saw it happening. I get up early and am usually in the stores while others are getting ready for work, sending the kids off.. rarely do I have many to contend with. I like it that way, And i was like that before this pandemic crap. Because once again our neighborhood Walmart is out of several things I need, will be hot footing to another store in the morning. @Faye Fox glad your okay. His wife took care of his happy butt fer ya ;)

Faye Fox likes this.