Green The Worlds Deserts

Discussion in 'Science & Nature' started by Martin Alonzo, Apr 30, 2016.

1. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

Just when you think you have it all figured it out someone comes along and show you are going the wrong way. He has proved what he is talking about.

Allan Savory How to green the worlds deserts and reverse climate change

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  2. Martin Alonzo

Registered

I think this guy just might have the answer to solve a lot of the world’s problems. In the 1500s we had millions of buffalos in the grasslands of the Americas but after killing most in 1930 we had the dust bowl. We are draining all the water to put on fields to grow crops and still losing grown. They have tried everything to stop the encroachment of deserts and nothing works. The vegetarians will scream up and down that it is not a good idea but they don’t have an idea either.

3. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

The answer, in simple terms, is LESS HUMAN beings, obviously. Sure, the old Earth COULD support 10 times today's global population, under perfect conditions, but various corkscrews twist into the equation, rendering it unsolvable: Mother Nature, continued burning of fossil fuels, lack of mutual cooperation among nations, the massive concentration of wealth, disease as yet uncontrolled, and of course, HUMAN GREED. These are the main things assuring the eventual extinction of humanity, IMO. Frank

Martin Alonzo likes this.
  4. Martin Alonzo

Registered

I agree with everything you said Frank. I would be nice to reclaim that 45% of the earth surface that we are not using and put it back into use and stop global warming at the same time.