Great Website For Testing Products!

Discussion in 'Shopping & Sales' started by Yvonne Smith, Feb 7, 2016.

1. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I'm interested to hear how y'all like it @Yvonne Smith. The rating's not the greatest, but as we've discussed above, people are often paid to write reviews, and that goes for negative ones of competitors' products, as well as positive ones for the person/company paying the reviewers. It's disgusting that the market is so skewed these days that it's difficult to discern which are legitimate reviews and not, but such is the world of advertising, and it seems to have leaked over into many areas of our lives, not just print ads and television commercials these days. Even posts on Facebook, Twitter and elsewhere are often prompted by remuneration, so it's getting harder and harder to tell what is straight opinion/feedback versus when someone is profiting from their posts. The filter sounds interesting. I like that it adds in minerals, and I can't stand the taste/smell of chlorine in my water.

2. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Since it was only $15, and it looks like it does about the same things as one of the other water purifiers I checked out on Youtube, I think that it should be a whole lot better than what we are drinking from the little Brita filter.
    The main complaints I read were about not having good directions, or assembly problems and leaking fittings.
    Bobby put it together with no problems, and it is slowly filtering the first tank of water through the filter.
    The reviews said it takes about 24 hours for the tank to fill up the first time; which is not a problem. Once it is filled up, we should have plenty of water in the tank to keep it filled enough for two people and two little dogs to have enough water to drink.

When I watched the youtube video of an almost identical filter that explains how it works and all of the things it does, it looked like it should really help the water to be healthy for us to drink. This guy tends to ramble; but he does hit all of the important points.

3. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

@Yvonne Smith , the one thing I didn't hear was, do you have to replace that filter thingy, and if so, what is the cost of the replacements?

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  4. Yvonne Smith

Registered

According to the information, there are several filters. One last for about 6 months, another one for a year; depending of course, on how much water you filter through it. Since this one is just being used by two people and not a whole family, the filters could last even longer.
    The mineral rocks have to be replaced every few years, it said.
    So, it would appear that I have plenty of time to watch for the filters on sale and have one in readiness for when we do have to replace it.
    The tank has enough water in it now to try drinking some, and the flavor is amazing....... There is no chemical smell or taste at all.
    I am very pleased with this, and think that it is going to be something that we will use a lot.

Ina I. Wonder likes this.
  5. Texas Beth

Texas Beth Well-Known Member
    Registered

I want to try the Elite Deal website. I just started reviewing products for Amazon last week and wrote my first review today. At Amazon products range from free to 80 percent off. I enjoyed trying the product and writing my opinion of it. I awaiting my second product to review.

6. K E Gordon

K E Gordon Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Yes, I have looked at the deal on that Elite Deals site. SOme of them seem pretty good, but I really am not in the mode to test products and write reviews. In most cases you still have to buy something...and unless it is something I really need or want...no can do. I didn't see anything on that site that I can't live without to tell you the truth. However, those with money to burn or time to kill might like it.

7. Yvonne Smith

Registered

Are you testing and reviewing Amazon products from the Elite Deals website or from a different one, @Texas Beth ?
    If you are using another website to test products with, can you please share it with us, too ?
    We only buy and test products that we have a use for, @K E Gordon , and don't just buy something that we don't want in order to write a review.
    I am sure that doing this is not something that everyone would want to do, but I really enjoy getting a good bargain when I purchase something that we need.
    This filter system is something that we will definitely be using for a long time, but would not have been able to afford at the full price of almost $200, or even at the Amazon discount price of $50; so getting it for only $15 is a great thing for us.

K E Gordon likes this.
  8. Yvonne Smith

Registered

We are really, really happy with the new water filtration system tank ! The water has no odor or bad taste, and there is a noticible difference even from the water that we were drinking fron the Brita filter pitcher, which was way better than the awful tapwater here. It did take it a while for everything to seep through the filter when we first set it up; but now it seems to be filtering faster.
    I think that a filter of this quality would definitely be worth the price that Amazon is asking for it, and probably even worth the original price of almost $200; so we are well pleased to have it for less than the price of a plain old Brita pitcher from Walmart, which is around $25 , and we only paid $15 for the water system.

9. Texas Beth

Texas Beth Well-Known Member
    Registered

I have tested products twice for Amazon and hope to review more for them. They are prompt in mailing the product to you, but they also want prompt reviews in return. The website is: AMZreview.com

Yvonne Smith likes this.