Governor Kristi Noem Joins Lawsuit Against Mandate Proposals

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by John Nopales, Nov 5, 2021.

1. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I wondered how much of a role that played in Virginia's elections. Like many states, a few densely populated areas overwhelm the rest of us (in Virginia, over 1/2 the population lives in 5% of the square miles.) Our populated parts are in the DC region where there are lots of government contractors who were the first ones to be hit with the mandates. Given the politically left-leanings up there, I shall forever wonder how much of a role (if any) the mandates had in scraping away some of those votes. And there are lots of folks who are agnostic regarding those shots (they are not vaccinations) but are frightened and disgusted that our government thinks it can force citizens to have a substance injected into our bodies (and our children's bodies) against our will.

2. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

But you just said in your first post in this thread ...
    LOL

3. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Welcome back, @Denise Happyfeet ! !
    I had to look three times to be sure it was really you, it has been so long since you were here on the forum. I have missed hearing from you, and hope that you are doing well and staying healthy.
    Since we last talked, I have gotten a pacemaker, too, and it has helped my heart a lot. You saying how much it helps you really helped me to have confidence in having the procedure done.
    Sending you Hugs and Prayers, my Friend !

4. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

That's right, I hope this is the start of working together, compromising. I'm not sure I get what you mean. If I contradicted myself I don't see it??

5. Denise Evans

Registered

Yes, one big reason I came back on is I see this forum allows people to discuss politics, government, and I really get tired of my own company, lol ;)

6. Bruce Andrew

Bruce Andrew Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Denise: I do not want to compromise with the left -- there is nothing to compromise over. I am opposed to everything they stand for. They want to control every aspect of my life and they want all of my money. To hell with them.

They must be defeated and sent packing, or I don't want to live in the same country with them. If the country must split up, then so be it.

7. Denise Evans

Registered

You know you are right and I'm glad you brought it up to me. Compromise is totally the wrong word. I would never go along with any of what I see them pushing. I prefer to run them and all their ideas out of our government, and yes, even out of our country because they would continue to make trouble. Some of the left-wings are showing up as more independents, not in favor of what the extreme left are up to. Plus the fact most of them have committed crimes such as voter-fraud, or payed to have others "fix" the vote.

I do agree with you Bruce, we wouldn't want to compromise with a disease, and what they are doing is as bad as a disease. Leaving our good people behind in Afghanistan, our military dogs, and putting our allies in danger as well is a crime on it's own. Opening our border to God knows how many criminals is another. People are right wanting them to pay for their crimes and I stand with those people.

With that said, I was dreaming I think, a little, when I remembered that there was a time, at least I think so, when democrats and republicans did work together. I don't think that will ever happen again. Thanks again for opening my eyes to what I said, I didn't see it ;)

8. Denise Evans

Registered

My posts aren't very good, I make a lot of mistakes and forget to proof them before I click. This one I meant to say not "plus the fact" but "The fact that the Extreme Left have committed crimes..etc." So sorry to anyone "trying" to make sense of what I am trying to say, Denise

9. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

It's ok.....We(not necessarily you) all have problems but just like those notes that have all the words misspelled but first and last correct.

10. Denise Evans

Registered

Oh those trick ones that show how high your IQ is if you can make out what they are saying?? LOL! Those weird, see them on Facebook, that's all Facebook has is pictures usually, jokes, or things making fun of biden. I just like posts, as well as replies-to with meat on them. I try to do some of those, but sometimes, I'd love to have a LOL button to click you all can be so dang funny!! Like your "first idiot" comment ;)

11. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Back to the OP, Kristi Noem has been a thorn in the butt of Biden and his government for the past year.
    She refused to mandate closures and masks and still had the lowest CV death rate and highest economy in the U.S. She pretty much said that S. Dakotans, after being given a set of “facts” have the right to decide what they should do on their own and left it at that.

Further, she sued Biden over his decision to refuse permits for the July 4th fireworks display at Mount Rushmore citing that the groups attending the fireworks would spread CV yet Washington, D.C. had a full blown display.
    Of course, Biden also said that the Native Americans that inhabited the area were against having the display but unbeknownst to him, Governor Noem had already received an approval from the tribe months prior to July 4.

She’s a winner and to be very truthful, I wouldn’t mind seeing her on a ticket for a White House position in the future.

12. Denise Evans

Registered

I'd vote for her anytime I had the chance!! So dang proud to see women, and men step up to plate against this administration! Kick ass Patriots!!

13. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Last I heard from her was that she had no intention to run for national office, and she wanted to stay home and do the best she could for her home state.

Bobby Cole and Denise Evans like this.
  14. Denise Evans

Registered

I so respect that, good for her for wanting to stay up there in South Dakota! I just hope we get people like her into the Whitehouse sooner than later. We have so many awesome people on the side of law and order, and our constitution, I just hope we have enough.

15. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Yes, I caught that interview when she made that statement but there have been others who have maintained that position but saw the country’s need.
    Either way, she does S. Dakota proud and I just wish more governors were like her. Even Kay Ivey, the Governor of Alabama with as much brash language as she has for Biden didn’t stand up to the shut down and mask up moratoriums given by the government the way Noem did.