Gov Kate Brown Sued For Releasing Prisioners Illegally

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Faye Fox, Jan 21, 2022.

1. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

A lawsuit has been filed by TWO District Attornies and several from law enforcement and victims' families because she released 953 convicted felons, without them filing clemency applications and the district attornies being notified of their release as required by law. I seriously doubt that any justice will prevail. Kate Brown and associates set themselves up in an untouchable kingdom.

The legal action, which was filed by a law firm operated by prominent Republican activist Kevin Mannix, alleges Brown granted clemency to people who had not sought early release through the standard legal process.

“Convicted criminals must initiate the process to seek forgiveness and state their case by demonstrating remorse, rehabilitation, and a desire and capability to reasonably re-enter society,” the plaintiffs argue in the filing.

The district attorneys and crime victims also allege Brown violated the law by asking the Department of Corrections to become involved in the clemency process.

Denise Evans and Bobby Cole like this.
  2. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

For the uninitiated, Kate Brown is the governor of Oregon.

Our ex-governor (Ralph Northam) did the same thing, claiming he was freeing up space for when he passed new gun laws, making instant criminals out of honest citizens.

Friggin' Democrats turn those free who have been duly convicted and then openly state their intent to crucify citizens they personally dislike. How can this stand in America?

3. Thomas Stillhere

Thomas Stillhere Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

For a very short time !

John Brunner, Faye Fox and Bobby Cole like this.
  4. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Dunno. To start, I have some pretty mixed feelings about the citizens of Oregon anyway.

It’s a given that the move in the OP is one that should be considered to be reminiscent of a comic book mob boss in office who lets the criminals go in order to form a crime wave.
    That said, the recent apathy and maybe fear shown by the citizens when one of their major cities was taken over by Antifa and BLM 2 years ago gives me pause to wonder what the people of that state value.

Not to discount the abilities of women, but are there so few real men left in that state that they’ll take it on the chin over and over and do nothing?

John Brunner likes this.
  5. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

my guess would be they've got a lot of girly-men

Ed Wilson and Bobby Cole like this.
  6. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

Could be but among other things, my guess is that since pot has been legalized in Oregon, there’s a bunch of guys who would rather “get high and let the world go by” kind of thing going on.

7. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Bobby you have fallen victim to the idea that the state is Portland and since the media has silenced all opposition in national news, you are unaware that most of the square miles in Oregon are controlled by patriots that are fighting back daily. The thousands of tractors, farm equipment, farm trucks, and other vehicles that shut down the capitol in protest of the Governer and her coup trying to pass taxes on farm and ranch fuel, make raising livestock illegal, and other assaults on Eastern and rural Oregon, went unnoticed except for a brief mention on Fox News.

The recall efforts started right here in my area that spread all over the state and should have got her recalled except she used covid to shut down Eastern Oregon counties, even ones that had NOT ONE CASE of the China-born virus. Many counties refused and she then withheld state funding and shut down the schools bringing hardships on parents. One of her liberal sympathizers bought all the local newspapers and started spreading false info that some bought into. However, when she bused in her Antifa under the disguise of BLM, they were met with 300 armed citizens of all races lining the highway. I saw one of the little punks up close when they were organizing after getting off the bus. He was empty-eyed.

I notified the cops that I had seen Antifa in town and they said yes, they had been tracking them since they left Portland. When the BLM rally started the Chief told the Antifa leader that if they showed any violence against a citizen, bear spray, loud noise blasted, any physical contact, anything other than holding signs and staying on the other side of the highway, they would be arrested and if any citizen shot them, it would be self-defense and they would be arrested if they lived. He made it clear that out here it is considered self-defense if a citizen shot them dead for spraying them with bear spray.

Anyway, before any confrontation started a group of Antifa was hiding behind a store readying for an attack when two guys in the parking lot got in a dispute over one's girlfriend. Two shots rang out and within minutes about 50 more law enforcement surrounded the area. Antifa loaded back on their bus and headed back home to mama. Three stupid local girls remained yelling profanities and holding BLM signs.

QUOTE: Not to discount the abilities of women, but are there so few real men left in that state that they’ll take it on the chin over and over and do nothing?

I would advise restating the above. Some of the toughest guys in the USA are living in Oregon. Sure there are pansies but no more than in any state. Most of our guys are not just tough, but smart and know what battles to fight and when. I think life under the current admin is really opening the eyes of many, even urban liberals that realize they have been duped. Don't let our cheek turning God-fearing patriot males fool you, Bobby, they can take a hard slap on each cheek, but when you go for that 3rd slap best you have your affairs in order and be ready for eternity where even hell is less than the wrath of your final earth moments.

8. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

No more than any other state.

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  9. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Legalizing pot made no difference.

10. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

AHEM AHEM!!!

The red ain't dead!

R (1).jpg

Al Amoling likes this.
  11. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Ok, let me tell you two macho roughnecks about my former neighbor a girly guy you might assume if you saw him in his skirt.

Zek was 6'4" 220 lbs all muscle, medium dark skinned from African, Aborigine, and Scottish descent.
    Extremely strong at age 84, lifelong Republican since his family was part of the Party of Lincoln
    Former marine Sargent with 3 tours of duty and 8 years of service
    Military metals out the yengus
    30 years firefighter and paramedic with commendations out the wazoo
    Avid gun enthusiast, amateur gunsmith, and marksmanship
    Held a 44 mag steadier than anyone I have known or even seen on the magic screen
    Love watching bull riding
    Tolerated my nagging and eccentric behavior
    Appreciated me being a strong hard working outspoken DIY gal but still a women
    And wore a kilt (skirt in my opinion and a bit girly) only when doing bagpipe demonstrations
    for law enforcement and military events. That is the Oregon sissy that once lived next door.

Al Amoling and Ed Wilson like this.
  12. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

It’s a given that the revenue brought in to the state by legalizing pot hasn’t made a difference but no one can tell me that people walking around in a legal daze totally oblivious to what’s going on around them hasn’t affected their social structure in many ways.

13. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

Your opinion, my opinion.
    You live there, I don’t and don’t want to.

14. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

So, you’re equating me with being a redneck?

You need to understand something Faye. 1 good man out of 10 doesn’t constitute a willing army that doesn’t put up with anarchy.
    And.,,,, When good men do nothing, no matter how they were raised or how many commendations they have or what heritage they have to stand on,' bad things will continue to be out of control.

And to recap on the pot thing, Never, but Never tell an old pot head about the possible effects of pot and what it can lead to.
    Now, anyone over 21 in Oregon can possess and smoke pot legally so what makes you think that one or more of your state leaders isn’t kicking back in a chair and legally getting high whilst making those idiotic decisions about criminals and jail time?

15. Thomas Stillhere

Thomas Stillhere Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I saw a photo of the thugs in Austin of all places. It was a group photo with about 15 to 20 young morons with a giant swastika flag behind them. Several had those cheap plastic rifles probably purchased on line. I had to laugh because all of them had nice high dollar hair cuts and shiny shoes. It was then that I realized they really do live in Moms basement. In the end it amounts to this, all our youth for at least 50 years have been brainwashed and raised with no respect for others. I worked with a fella in Baton Rouge in 76 and he married a school teacher, she was a pot head as well as her brother. I knew then the Nation was headed down a very bad road, and I was exactly correct. We'll never ever be as we once were as a Nation, not going to happen because we have allowed too many foreigners to come in illegally thanks to lawless elected morons, maybe offspring from that school teacher who knows right. I think it is too early to think we will win back the house but if we don't all bets are off for a recovery of any sorts. Our biggest problem is the corrupt media having political hacks instead of educated Journalist. Until that is changed it can only get worse. I'm amazed that here where I live it is still calm and quiet without anybody shooting or killing a stranger. We do have that drug peddling culture but our sheriffs and local constables and deputies keep them pretty much in tow. I have noticed the criminals are not spending time in the local low tier prison nearby due to the virus. They allow those people to go out and work for small businesses and the state pays half their wage. That is a good program and prepares them for when and if they finally get out. Personally I think we all live in The Twilight Zone and better keep one eye open at all times.

Denise Evans and Bobby Cole like this.