Got My Gardening/yard Work Hat From Amazon!

Discussion in 'Crops & Gardens' started by John Brunner, Jun 29, 2020.

1. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I pulled into the parking lot of a grocery store in Charlottesville a few months ago (in next county over), and an old guy and his son were getting out of a car that had "Trump 2020" written with a soap bar on the rear window. I said "Kinda brave to have that in this town, huh?" The old guy replied "I keep a gun under the seat."

His son immediately backtracked "No he doesn't!" and the old guy says "Yes I do!" I told the son "I didn't hear anything. Sorry, man."

It's actually not that bad there. I've worn my NRA jacket and my "MAGA" mask there, and I've not had one nasty comment, but I've had a few compliments. Of course, going around the university grounds might be a different matter.

For people who need "safe spaces," they can sure be aggressive with people they don't know. I call it "Sybil discourse."

Regarding the neck guard: I can tell that mine's going to need to be fortified somehow. Since it's mainly needed when mowing, I can safety pin some cloth on top of it. Too bad there are no more fabric stores around.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  2. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Let us know how much more stuff you manage to drape on there. :D

3. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I always liked Carol Burnett and the other variety shows of the era.

But those curtains drapes give me an idea. I just gotta keep them from under the mower deck.

Beth Gallagher likes this.