Google Max Home Hub

Discussion in 'Gadgets & Tech Talk' started by Kate Ellery, Apr 30, 2022.

1. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Supreme Member
    Registered

We’ve only recently had the National Broadband Network known as the NBN connected to our home for the first time ever ( in Feb ) prior to that we always relied on our limited data mobile WiFi 30g data a month

Im thinking about getting one of these home hubs for many reasons .
    https://store.google.com/au/product/google_nest_hub_max?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=japac-AU-en-dr-bkws-all-all-buy-e-dr-1008675&utm_content=text-ad-none-none-DEV_c-CRE_594718479058-ADGP_Hybrid+|+BKWS+-+EXA+|+Txt+~+Nest+Hub+Max+~+[M:1]+~+AU+~+en-KWID_43700058208393294-kwd-821542637685-userloc_9071026&utm_term=KW_google+max+hub-ST_google+max+hub&gclid=Cj0KCQjwvLOTBhCJARIsACVldV3YxP_FJ8Ml5vB_Z8VTF6sKmyR-QAdSkCRJWA-FwCajnHDqwd1porsaAlE1EALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds&hl=en-GB

One being cause we live 2 hours drive from a major city, and I like listening to a talk back radio during the day, and we can’t pick up,the station here unless , I use the app on my phone and get the little Bluetooth speaker out turn it on ….connect blue tooth ….. all the messing about …..
    .then we get more verbal adds than radio ..sigh .. yep,I can pay $16 a year to be add free however that only covers adds that appear on-the screen it doesn’t cut out verbal adds

I BELIEVE I can simply ask the google home to play music on the google hub

So I’m asking if anyone else has a similar home hub. Good or bad ?.??

? Nah I’m not worried about security…….after all if we want to claim benefits on Centrelink ( aged pension) in our case …or Medicare ( all linked to Centrelink, tax and the list gos on) so IMHO there is nothing most don’t know about us already.

I can turn security / and camera off with one swipe so I believe …….and besides my location services is on …on my phone due to my Apple Watch ..so what’s the difference? security wise ??

We are both due for our 4 th Jab…as well as flu shot so we will be down I the city for a couple of days so I’ve already done heaps of work online about the hub ….and I’m fully aware a new one will hit the market mid year which I led to believe will have a detachable screen almost like the apple iPad

Thanks in any advice on negatives or positives about Hub??

Last edited: May 1, 2022
  2. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Not familiar with the technology, but I don't even use Alexa, so I probably wouldn't use that either. Talking to a robot creeps me out.

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  3. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I think that my daughter , Robin, has a similar thing at her house; but she probably has the Apple version. Whatever she has, it seems to work fine, and she likes it. I have no idea what all it does; but I think that one of the things is to control playing music for her.
    Maybe @Cody Fousnaugh has some kind of input also, because if I remember right, he and Mrs. Cody have some kind of google connection that they use at their apartment.