Google Earth - Where Are The People?

Discussion in 'Gadgets & Tech Talk' started by Yvonne Smith, Dec 24, 2016.

1. Denise Happyfeet

Denise Happyfeet Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Yeah, when I just zoom into my address, it doesn't even get the detail yours has, I see now. Mines called "ground level" but it isn't as good as your shot. I always use the little man to show me the blue streets first, then I see all clearly. Do you still have the blue Streets with yours? If the streets aren't blue, then Google hasn't made any shots of it from Street level, on mine anyway.

2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Veteran Member
    Registered

146katahdin-aerial.jpg
    The aerial view shows my house, including my wife's white 2013 Ford Focus and my 2002 Chevrolet Tracker in our back yard. This image was a recent one, as she bought the Focus less than a year ago. Judging from the trees, I'd say it was from this past fall.

146katahdin-street.jpg
    Zooming in to street view, it shows a truck full of wood chips passing by our house, on the left.

146katahdin-house.jpg
    In street view, I can turn the view to show the house itself. However, this view is at more than two years old, judging from the political sign from the 2014 election.

3. Denise Happyfeet

Registered

this really is the best forum we have going for seniors. I went over to my first one I belonged to because someone asked about me. Lots of good people still there I see, but I think it's the size that makes it less homey. Sorry totally off track, had to say that somewhere so here it was;)

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  4. Denise Happyfeet

Registered

Yours is just like mine @Ken Anderson what's goin on?? Is there a difference between the App and the .exe?

5. Ken Anderson

Registered

I don't know. I have a Mac, so what I have is an app.

google-earth.png

Last edited: Dec 26, 2016
    Denise Happyfeet likes this.
  6. Denise Happyfeet

Registered

I hear that, I don't have a Mac, but I'm tempted to get one on this big ole desk I found, so I can keep up with you apple-junkies;)

7. Ken Anderson

Registered

A low-cost option in a new Mac is the Mac Mini, which retails for $500. That's the the computer itself. The monitor, keyboard, and mouse or trackpad are extra, but the monitor does not have to be an Apple product. Actually, I don't think the keyboard and mouse do either, but for the full Mac experience I'd recommend an Apple keyboard and mouse, although I prefer a trackpad to a mouse.

8. Denise Happyfeet

Registered

I'll remember that @Ken Anderson I want to build some credit, so need to buy something with my credit card. Maybe a Mac Mini would be the ideal thing;) A guy in the complex asked me to help him get off a dating site (auto-withdrawing from his bank account). He had some weird computer and he said it was a Linux. I didn't want to stay in his place long so I just figured out how to get on the web, and managed to fix his account, delete it etc.

I don't know what his was, but I sure did NOT like it.