Good News - Bad News

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Joe Riley, Oct 31, 2016.

1. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

[​IMG]
    I had lunch with Clyde, the Prez of Cenior City C of C on Friday, and he tipped me off to a major Urban Renewal project in the works. Seems a six block chunk of the Business district will be torn down to build the Metro Mega Mall. This is good news for the city, but bad news for us Joes, who's business will be impacted.:mad: My coffee shop, along with Joe the Barber and Joe the Cobbler will be ending our leases at the end of the year.:confused::(o_O

The good news is that the mall will be including Kuppa Koffee, Krazy Kuts and Shoes R Us, to be among the tenants.....I guess the bad news is that we might be tempted to work there.:rolleyes: The good news is that we have ruled that out!;)

Ike Willis likes this.
  2. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

More bad news..... Joe Flourchild, who runs the Bread Box Bakery, just called to add his place to the list of those closing.:( Seems the KupKake Korner chain will be located in the new Mall. When it rains, it pours! The good news is that Joe has been thinking of retiring, and said this is the icing on the cake!:)

Ike Willis likes this.
  3. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Oh, dear ! ! This is worrisome news, or maybe not ? We are not losing our @Joe Riley at the end of the year, too, are we ? Even if you "retire" from all of the "Joe businesses" you have been working so hard at, we will still be seeing you around the forum, right, and adding your comments like always ?
    Otherwise, there is likely to be serious PROTESTS about the closures ! ! !

Denise Evans likes this.
  4. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Heavens no, Yvonne! Just Providence's way of reminding all us Joes that this is a Senior Forum, and perhaps we have been working too hard. We can't stand in the way of "Progress", now, can we?

The bad news is that there has been another unusual twist to this drama....I've received a PM from @Joe Biden, to tell me he think's that maybe this "Joe Conspiracy" might belong in the Conspiracy Section. He made an offer to head up an investigation, but I replied "Say it ain't so Joe"!;) The good news is that I placed Smilin' Joe on my Ignore list!:)

Last edited: Oct 31, 2016
  5. Honey Gee

Honey Gee Veteran Member
    Registered

6. Steve North

Steve North Supreme Member
    Registered

Hey Joe Riley..
    A similar project is going on here (in Massey) as well. I wonder if it is the same developer as you have..
    We have in our small village Joes butcher shop, Honest Joes auto repair, Joes hardware store, and Joe Shmoe's diner.. Just recently a new shop opened called Joe's donut and Java shop.. Just what we needed, another Joe shop..
    One of our past prime Minister, Joe Clark came by and said the project didn't make sense as there wasn't enough of a population to support this project.. Only 984 people live in our village (wait a minuet, the old man Joe Johnson just died making our population now 983) and there are still17 of them named Joe in our village..
    The project will have to be approved by our council with the mayor Joe Blow in charge..

I will keep you posted on the outcome of this disaster up here in Massey...

7. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

8. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

There seems to be "no business, like Joe business'! The St. Joe Company (NYSE: JOE) is a land development company headquartered in Watersound, Florida. There are five partners, all named Joe. There is a Joe Snow, who is in charge of the Canadian Division, so yes, @Steve North , it is probably the same ill wind that blows your way.
    [​IMG]

Denise Evans likes this.
  9. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Love that ! :D

Denise Evans likes this.
  10. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

I know this post has been up for awhile, but that is the most adorable photo;)

11. Denise Evans

Registered

I was wondering why we haven't heard anything from @Joe Plumber? He actually opened my eyes to who "not" to vote for back when;)

Joe Riley likes this.
  12. Denise Evans

Registered

@joe blow is up in your area, wondered where he went. He ran Joe Blow's Hot Air Balloon Co. here. I wondered who his next victims would be:rolleyes: Just a heads up, we also ran @Joe Momma outa here too, so citizens beware:(

Joe Riley likes this.
  13. Honey Gee

Honey Gee Veteran Member
    Registered

14. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Joe #1: "Hey, Joe, what do ya' know"?
    Joe #2: "I just got back from Kokomo"!

15. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

My brother's name is Joe and when we were younger I would always tease him with "hey Joe, what do ya know? Just got back from the buffalo show.

Must have been a Pittsburgh thing. :)

Ike Willis, Patsy Faye and Joe Riley like this.