God Is Not What You Believe Him To Be

Discussion in 'Faith & Religion' started by Dennis Compton, Aug 28, 2022.

1. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

I especially like the book in which he distilled all the answers down to the 25 most important items. And darn if I can remember the title. I have given it out as gifts to many.

John Houlihan likes this.
  2. John Houlihan

John Houlihan Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Hi Mary, you are a kindred spirit. I read that 25 most book too and cannot remember which one it was either. I probably have read more than 10 of his books so far. I have been able to ask him questions online at his CWG web site. He opens a new thread every week and answers questions from members. It's free to sign in. I think he is the reincarnation of some great spiritual being from the past.

Mary Stetler likes this.
  3. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

Man thought the earth was flat, but God settled it with " the circle of the earth" if they had just listened. God also told them that the earth just hung in space and " hangeth upon nothing".

It was written by men but inspired by God. There are just too many things in the Bible men didn't know about then. Like God said,

God Challenges Job
    …3Now brace yourself like a man; I will question you, and you shall inform Me. 4Where were you when I laid the foundations of the earth? Tell Me, if you have understanding. 5Who fixed its measurements? Surely you know! Or who stretched a measuring line across it?…
    Berean Standard Bible · Download

https://www.bing.com/ck/a?!&&p=7ffcd8228b78bf64JmltdHM9MTY2NTg3ODQwMCZpZ3VpZD0wM2NjMDFjMC1kZjUxLTZlNDEtMDg1NC0xM2ZmZGViODZmMGYmaW5zaWQ9NTE2NQ&ptn=3&hsh=3&fclid=03cc01c0-df51-6e41-0854-13ffdeb86f0f&psq=Biblehub,where+were+you+when+I+created&u=a1aHR0cHM6Ly9iaWJsZWh1Yi5jb20vam9iLzM4LTQuaHRt&ntb=1

4. Marie Mallery

Registered

Job 26:7 He stretches out the north over empty space; He hangs the earth upon nothing.
    ... empty space; he suspends the earth over nothing. God stretches ... over the empty place, and hangeth the earth upon nothing. ... stretches the northern skies over empty space; he hangs the earth ...
    https://biblehub.com/job/26-7.htm
    Job 8:9 For we were born yesterday and know nothing; our days o

Man named the constellation's but who gave them the wisdom if not a supreme power? Man is made from matter aka flesh but the spirit is separate and forever.
    The spirit can live without the flesh, but the flesh cannot exist without the spirit aka intellect or thought. The mind can leave the body,but the body cannot exist without the mind. This is what I beleive after much study and some paranormal experiences. The dead know nothing because the mind is no longer there when the flesh has died.

Job 9:9
    He is the Maker of the Bear and Orion, of the Pleiades and the constellations of the south.Job 12:22
    He reveals the deep things of darkness and brings deep shadows into light

Last edited: Oct 16, 2022
    John Houlihan and Al Amoling like this.
  5. Lois Winters

Lois Winters Veteran Member
    Registered

The trouble with discussions such as these are, someone usually begins proselytizing. That is such a turn-off, and really departs from a true debatable discussion.

6. Marie Mallery

Registered

This too is true, but also some people learn from them and can have a civil debate. Or just don't comment at all but say " i didn't know that was in the Bible". like I did.
    Even the Pyramid's of Egypt are mentioned in the Bible, and I was really surprised about that.

7. Marie Mallery

Registered

Many questions about the Bible as is other religious books.
    One I studied on years ago was about Jesus and Lucipher both being from the Morning Star group. Which is not the same as the Arch-angle group.

https://www.bing.com/ck/a?!&&p=f396...uZ3RydXRoLm9yZy9tb3JuaW5nLXN0YXIuaHRtbA&ntb=1

Why does the Bible use 'morning star' to refer to both Jesus and Satan?
    In Isaiah 14:12 we read, "How you are fallen from heaven, O Day Star, son of Dawn!" The King James and New King James Versions use "Lucifer, son of the morning" in place of "Day Star, son of Dawn." The larger context of this passage is traditionally interpreted as referring to Satan and his fall from heaven.

In Revelation 22:16, we read, "I, Jesus, have sent my angel to testify to you about these things for the churches. I am the root and the descendant of David, the bright morning star." Why are both Jesus and Satan called the morning star?

8. Marie Mallery

Registered

As I said, politics and religion were originally to be separate. Charity begins at home. And the Bible is full of territory disputes. Some very bloody ones at that.

The Catholic Charities are supporting the inhalation of our language, culture and laws. By systematically changing our people. Illegally bringing in their third world members.

https://www.bing.com/ck/a?!&&p=a85a...hdGlvbi1wcm92ZXMtdmVyeS1wcm9maXRhYmxlLw&ntb=1

Catholic Church Receives Billions from the USA, Illegal Immigration Proves Very Profitable
    Catholic Church collects $1.6

John Houlihan likes this.
  9. Marie Mallery

Registered

Not so much these days.

10. Joseph Carl

Joseph Carl Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Marie, I think there's valid reason to dislike much of the organized religion we see in America, be it rich prosperity preachers, hypocritical faith leaders, Roman Catholic Church activities, or false cults just giving religion a bad reputation. This however should not be used to deny America's true Christian heritage established by our Founding Fathers.

Despite the revisionist lies being taught in schools and the media today, there are simply too many books, articles, and videos detailing the thousands of specific quotes of our Founding Fathers that demonstrate their unanimous belief in God and strong support for Christian Biblical values. Just read the 13 National Proclamations made by the Continental Congress, early Supreme Court commentaries, Congressional notes on the Constitution's First Amendment, and early presidential speeches, and it becomes amazingly evident that Christianity permeated the entire government's actions and societal goals. And through their laws, monuments, legislative and executive actions, speeches, and establishment of educational institutions, it's patently clear that they not only mixed religion and politics constantly, but repeatedly stated that the entire country's prosperity and security depended upon the foundation pillars of religion and morality.

This country was built by Protestant Christians upon Biblical beliefs and values. That's what made America exceptional and provided us with such freedoms unlike the world has ever seen. That remained the case until the mid 20th century. I'd suggest that it's been the separation of church and state movement and the elimination of God from our public society that is the cause of our cultural, financial, and political degradation. Understand, I don't want any church running the government, but I do think our government and society functioned much better when living off the Christian, Biblical principles that built this nation.