Global Warming In Perspective

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Frank Sanoica, Mar 24, 2017.

1. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

I am currently reading a Michael Crichton novel, fiction, which centers around the premise that BOTH sides of the debate are engaged in making huge sums of money by both supporting Global Warming, and denying it's existence at all. While the story line is fictitious, facts and numbers are presented, carefully foot-noted, from sources like NASA and other groups whose data is likely to be untarnished by media extremism, or governmental intrusion. The key theme is that world-wide opinion has been driven to accept and believe that Carbon Dioxide emissions worldwide are one of the chief causes of Global Warming, creating a "Greenhouse Effect" in our Earth's atmosphere, which traps heat and prevents it's escape out from the earth.

Charts comparing CO2 levels in the Earth's atmosphere taken from NASA data run contrary to the propaganda fed us over the past decades. I am in the process of compiling information I will display here. Any comment relative to the material I've described up to now is welcome.

Bear with me. Believe me, this information is worth considering!!
    Frank

2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Michael Crichton put a huge amount of research into every book he wrote. Although the storyline is fictitious, everything around his books is factual, or possible.

Frank Sanoica and Yvonne Smith like this.
  3. Frank Sanoica

Registered

@Ken Anderson
    Ken, thank you for revealing that! No avid novel-reader, I can nonetheless tell when an author is trying to make a point (technically) while attempting to tell a fictitious story based upon fact. John Ross did it with "Unintended Consequences".

I don't yet have my presentation ready about this, but will say that I have become far more doubtful of the Global Warming "warnings" after having nearly finished Crichton's book. The data presented, as well as the dubious ways in which both gov't. and the private sector have "sold" the public, worldwide this time, on the theme that doomsday awaits based on Global Warming, leads me to be suspect in a way never before. I hate being a "sheep".......
    Frank

4. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Here is an interesting statement from former president, Lyndon Johnson, that he made about the importance of being first in the "space race" , as it has come to be known. It was from part of a speech made back in 1958.
    "From space, the masters of infinity would have the power to control the earth’s weather, to cause drought and flood, to change the tides and raise the levels of the sea, to divert the gulf stream and change temperate climates to frigid."
    The things that he is talking about being able to control are about the very same things that we are now told is being caused by global warming. We have seen many of these weather changes happening, sometimes over and over. Possibly, this is another reason to believe that global warming is just a convenient cover-up for weather modification techniques ?
    Here is more of the webpage that has the speech by President Johnson; so you can see that this is actually something that our president felt that we (or the Russians) would be able to do if we were ahead in the space program, and not something that is caused by the supposed "greenhouse effect". .

http://thespacereview.com/article/396/1

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  5. Harry Havens

Harry Havens Veteran Member
    Registered

I will give climate change the benefit of the doubt. However, if we were to wake up tomorrow and eliminate all greenhouse gas emissions, the ocean's temperature would continue to rise for another 50~60 years before stabilizing. Those ice caps would continue to melt for another 500~1,000 years. All of that with stoppage tomorrow.

If we were to stop all emissions except in food production, we would still be faced with greater demands for food as the population continues to increase. That would force the ocean temperature to rise far beyond the 50~60 year timeframe. The higher protein foods, emit substantially more gases to produce. Higher protein foods will become a near necessity to feed the ever increasing population. (We will likely see this play out in the next 10~20 years in our grocery stores).

Long story short, imo... climate change is caused by humans... too many humans.

Last edited: May 31, 2017
    Frank Sanoica likes this.
  6. Frank Sanoica

Registered

@Harold Hayden
    Too many human beings = further propagation of conditions detracting from comfortable lives for all. Just as you say. Disbelievers will argue the stand that Earth is capable, food-wise, of sustaining many times more than the present population. Food, yes, maybe, but fresh water? I think not. IMO.
    Frank

Harry Havens likes this.