Giving Tuesday Or #givingtuesday

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Diane Lane, Dec 1, 2015.

1. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

According to Wikipedia:

"Giving Tuesday, often stylized as #GivingTuesday for purposes of hashtag activism, refers to the Tuesday after U.S. Thanksgiving in the United States. It is a movement to create an international day of giving at the beginning of the Christmas and holiday season."
    Today, PayPal will give an additional 1% over what you donate, to many charitable organizations, and you will receive a tax receipt. Here are the details from PayPal.

2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I try to give when I can and I believe the money is going where it should, but I don't have PayPal. :(

I really don't need it for anything....think my kids have it though. Thanks for letting us know!

Diane Lane likes this.
  3. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

I do worry with some of the huge organizations that the money is going where I want it to go. I tend to give locally, mainly to shelters, animal rescues, and groups such as Purple Heart, but I wanted to share because most people who work online in one fashion or another do use PayPal. It's handy to have. I actually have a PayPal debit card that I use for a lot of purchases, and get money back with, when I shop in quite a few places :).

4. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

:pIt's fantastic that people are generous whether it's Tues. or not. How nice that someone thought of doing donations worldwide to help the needy. Sad that the world has needy. It's so great to me that people are charitable!