Giving Back

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Diane Lane, May 8, 2016.

1. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

I struggle to get my lawns done myself, and I know I appreciate any help I get. There's so much negativity in the news, and it seems, not enough positive role models. I love not only what this young man has done and continues to do, but the name of his movement, because he is teaching young men to be real men who care about others and reach out and help those in need.

2. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

What a great story, of how one person can make a difference! Thank you @Diane Lane!
    [​IMG]

Diane Lane likes this.
  3. Diane Lane

Registered

You're welcome, Joe, I love stories like that. I shared it on Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest. I'm always hopeful that by sharing, someone seeing the stories will be inspired to reach out and help someone. I'm a firm believer that we never really know what someone's going through, and even small acts of kindness can make a huge difference in a person's life. I hope this young man has inspired others in his community, and now, around the country and world, to strive to be better persons and do for others. I love the part where he says (something like) don't do one act, do something every day.

4. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

I went to facebook and shared about them on my timeline...this is such a great thing for America and makes you feel good about youth in America! I shared it on my google plus and twitter too. I love this story & thanks so much for this will help so many people all around America. You know what I'm going to share it with Pres. Obama too!

5. Diane Lane

Registered

Thanks for sharing @Krissttina Isobe, you never know who will see it and become inspired. I think a lot of the young people these days could use some encouragement and positive examples to look up to, so perhaps it will reach the right eyes, and make a difference in some young lives.

Patsy Faye and Krissttina Isobe like this.
  6. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

*...and how! I subscribe to Pres. Obama's e-newsletter and like and follow on twitter and facebook, so I have shared the video with Pres. Obama's team already. I feel so wonderful that there are great American's like these young ones in our world that has news of very frightening proportion, yet to know that these young people do what they do is so good that I thought Pres. Obama and his team would be delighted to know of the young people of America really are doing and thanks to you who posted this little video it's happening! Thanks so much for the post! It just makes you feel good!!! Old, but good, lol!!

7. Diane Lane

Registered

Here's another one, and it's even about mowing lawns. It's from Minnesota, but there's also a section of the story about La Porte, which is a neighboring town to where I live.

Patsy Faye likes this.