Getting Certain Things Done Pleases Me No End

Discussion in 'Personal Diaries' started by Lon Tanner, Nov 29, 2019.

1. Jess Santorio

Jess Santorio Well-Known Member
    Registered

Same here, I am 82 male and widower for ten years already, and no romance at all, live alone by myself.

I am interested in knowledge, what knowledge? Knowledge of everything that has to do with existence on the most transcendental level, that means in the biggest picture man can have about existence - like what is existence?

My favorite topic is my study of militant atheists, and what are militant atheists? They are the ones writing about religion with an axe to grind, in particular in the internet.

Some time ago here in this forum a moderator wrote to me in private about why religion is not for him, but he thinks that God and religion are identical, which is not correct at all.

Now, I will sit back and with bated breath wait for reactions from atheists here, to my idea about militant atheists getting all mixed up with thinking that God and religion are identical, which is not correct.

2. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

Well Jess-----I think we have a bit in common. I too follow some of the militant atheists. In many respects they are worse than religious zealots. BTW where are you nesting in your retirement?

3. Jess Santorio

Registered

I like very much to invite you to join my advocacy that seniors should get themselves organized into self owned and operated communities.

As you have have enough of everything to last you a couple of lifetimes, you are in the best position to be a founder of such a community in your immediate environment: because you can only do with just one lifetime like everyone else, so why not use the rest of lifetimes you could live but you actually cannot, to enable fellow old timers to survive more decently in old age, instead of being exploited by commercial operators of old age socalled homes.

Think about that.

4. Jess Santorio

Registered

Ne quid nimis!

5. Jess Santorio

Registered

In our retirement years my wife and I bought a simple condo unit, then she passed away, and I am still living in the condo home, that is why I am advocating that seniors should get together to organize their own self financed and self operated communities.

We seniors will take care of ourselves, with the healthy and active members taking charge of their colleagues who need others to help them get through each day.

6. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Sorry, but I have no interest in that.

Lois Winters likes this.
  7. Lon Tanner

Registered

self financed and self operated communities. It's a nice concept but will not work because to set up and operate successfully would require seniors with good mental and physical condition. I have the mental but not the physical.

Lois Winters likes this.
  8. Jim Nash

Jim Nash Veteran Member
    Registered

When reading your statement Lon I feel humbled. You are a beacon of hope for many.

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  9. Lois Winters

Lois Winters Veteran Member
    Registered

There are times when my rheumatoid arthritis flares up and it flattens me. There are several triggers that set this off and it is so frustrating to me not to be able to do stuff for myself. But, for the most part, I am able to do pretty much what I wish. Actually, I feel much better moving about and getting exercise, than I do just sitting or lying around. I even move furniture and heavy boxes, and I did put my new mattress on my bed, solo. Of course, I struggled a bit, but I got it done.

10. Lon Tanner

Registered

Do you take anything daily Lois for your RA? My Rheumatologist had me taking Plaquennil for the first year after diagnosis then had me discontinue. I felt no difference taking it or not. I have no idea what causes my flare and I am uncertain as to my symptoms of a flare.

11. Lois Winters

Lois Winters Veteran Member
    Registered

No, Lon as the various drugs they have tried me on had begun to shut my kidneys down, so that's a no no. I happen to be one of the lucky people who can take aspirin and believe me, if one can tolerate it without ill effects, that drug is a God send. It reduces inflammation very nicely and I am ever so grateful for it. I used to belong to a group of people years ago who were able to take aspirin and we swear by it. You don't need much and it works wonders. Posture can cause a flare up and certain foods for sure. Much as I love salmon, when I've eaten it I am laid low afterward for a couple of days to a couple of weeks. So, I stay away from that as well. Seafood is a big trigger for me. I know it varies with each person, so I've kept track of what sets me off. I've been fine for awhile now.

Lon Tanner likes this.
  12. Lon Tanner

Registered

Every Day we are given a eight page list of ideas and puzzles to keep us busy and occupied.
    I prefer my computer and Netflix.

OAKMONT 1.jpg

Lois Winters likes this.
  13. Lon Tanner

Registered

OAKMONT 2.jpg

Lois Winters likes this.
  14. Audrey Claire

Audrey Claire Well-Known Member
    Registered

I was having fun until Covid19. At 68 I’m fit and healthy, I was out and about all the time, and I was having at least one overseas backpacking holiday per year. I had a big trip planned for this year. So I am totally pissed off at this virus, but I’m alive and plan to stay that way. My goal is to be still active and travelling in my 80’s.

Trevalius Guyus and Yvonne Smith like this.
  15. Lon Tanner

Registered

Hi & Welcome youngster. I don't believe we've met. I wish you well with your travel goal.