Get The Booster?

Discussion in 'Viruses' started by Ed Wilson, Oct 20, 2021.

1. Thomas Windom

Thomas Windom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

If people are dead set against it, I don’t believe I will change their minds either. On the other hand, a lot of people are on the fence about such things and both sides of any topic need a fair shake. It doesn’t impact me though. I also have presented information on another forum, very conservative and very aggressively so. I have been called every name under the sun. I don’t care. There’s nothing wrong with presenting alternative views to any position and, in fact, it should be encouraged in every circumstance. As I mentioned previously though, a big problem is lack of access to bench level research results. Searching Google is going to turn up wildly popular MSM interpretations of cherry picked headline material or bold misstatements of results because few of the people reading these things understand them sufficiently to make judgements. That is why I recommended the Scholar.Google.com search engine.

Anyway, I’m not a virologist, more of a cell biology slant. I have however worked with Rous sarcoma virus and Mouse Mammary Tumor Virus in the lab, the latter fairly extensively, so I have familiarity. The whole topic of viruses is absolutely fascinating. If anyone is interested, an entire graduate level Virology course lecture series is available on line for free! (Usually around $2,400 to audit). The first lecture is just general information on viruses and should leave most of us in awe of the magnitude of this unseen world. It is truly staggering.

Don Alaska likes this.
  2. Jeff Elohim

Jeff Elohim Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Did Ed pass away ?

John Nopales likes this.
  3. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Can I get an "amen."

4. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I already endorsed the viewpoint, but if you need an "amen", then here you are...........AMEN!!!!!!

Beth Gallagher and Krystal Shay like this.
  5. Jeff Elohim

Jeff Elohim Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

If parents gave their children the ingredients of some food products ,
    but concentrated in a medicine/capsule,
    they would likely be subject to arrest.
    I consider it , as has been seen the last three years, a dangerous practice to let someone else inject such things into anyone, but especially into a child, and more especially into a girl/woman - beecause of the abortificants present in many injections.

Like if someone's driving down a highway on their way to a restaurant, and you happen to know the bridge is out but signs are not up yet....
    warn them or not ?

John Nopales and Mary Stetler like this.
  6. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

Latest Covid booster today at Kroger. Ten months since last one. This makes 6 total. All Pfizer.

Will get the flu shot separately. If there are any side effects, I prefer to know which one it's from. A low-grade fever and chills for half a day from the high dose flu shot the first time, but not the second time. Never anything from Covid.

7. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

We are scheduled to get another Booster in a week. IOW, the first Thursday of November. We are seeing several older people in grocery stores wearing a mask. Due to the amount of people we will be around this coming December, we want it. As far as we know, nobody else in our families are getting it, but that's entirely up to them.

John Brunner likes this.
  8. Joy Martin

Joy Martin Veteran Member
    Registered

Unbelieveable the gluttons for punishment on these so called UNAPPROVED jabs of toxic solutions ... 6 so totally unknown jabs that so many still do....grrrrrrrrrrr

I'm pretty certain Kroger didn't have to offer you a bribe food discount to take the jab....

No interest in working on your own immune system with no GUBMINT control?????

I don't suppose you could possibly think about all the spike proteins your body is emitting on other bodies??

You've got some Smart Brains... My friend took the J&J in the beginning and no more of any of it. She's got some other stuff she's going thru and dealing with a LOT of new fatigue/// the J&J do any of that???

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2023
    John Nopales likes this.
  9. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Joy, each of us has to decide what we believe is the best thing to do when it comes to the vaccine and boosters. I had the two original vaccine shots because I had cancer and my immune system was compromised by chemo. I didn't want to take the shots but I felt it was in my best interest to do so at the time. You get to choose what's right for YOU and the rest of us will do the same.

10. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Just as I couldn't understand why those who chose to be vaccinated were so upset with those of us who decided not to, I see no reason to be upset with those who have decided to immunize and take the boosters. We each make our own health decisions. Yes, I know; the vaccers did everything they could to force everyone else to go along. That was wrong, but it's equally silly to be angry with those who choose to be vaccinated.

11. Tony Nathanson

Tony Nathanson Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Vaccinated people who get upset with those who choose not to get vaccinated often lack confidence in the vaccine themselves & need a confidence booster from others who made the same choice they made. And some others just need to feel superior or more intelligent & getting the vaccine gives them that
    "I'm smarter than you" feeling.
    My nephew is one such person. After the vaccine became available, he told me I was reckless & inconsiderate of others by not getting vaccinated.
    When my sister & I both caught colds at the same time, he accused me of giving her my cold. I'll never speak to him again.
    Oh, and........everyone in his vaccinated family got Covid.

12. Thomas Windom

Thomas Windom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Agreed. If anecdotal evidence is so important, the here is a good sized dose. Our immediate neighborhood is heavily senior weighted. At least about 20 of us geezers have had the full regimen of shots from a variety of manufacturers. Two of us have serious, long term medial issues. Not one of us have had anything more than the usual sore arm and tiredness the next day.

On the other hand, my wife and I each personally know of two people who died from COVID itself. So in our experience, the vaccines’ risk:benefit ratio is clearly on the side of the vaccines. Also, for whatever it is worth, current epidemiological studies are still clearly in the positive benefit:risk as well.

Again, FWIW, I do not support vaccinating kids; COVID has just not been a big enough problem for kids. I do not support forced vaccinations either, at least given current circumstances. I also think masks are next to useless.

my $0.02

Mary Stetler likes this.
  13. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Some people's negative sides came out during the Covid scam. There are a few people whom I have no interest in ever talking to again, not so much because I was offended by their antics but because they showed themselves to be people I don't want to have anything to do with. I've never had Covid and at least one of these people, I know, got Covid despite the vaccinations, the boosters, and the masks.

14. Beth Gallagher

Registered

People have forgotten how to "live and let live." I am so sick of other people trying to make rules for MY life.

15. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Sorry, Beth, but that's exactly what the County, State and Federal Government does.

John Nopales likes this.