Game Chat

Discussion in 'Games & Riddles' started by Louise Williams, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Louise Williams

Louise Williams Supreme Member
    Registered

2. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Supreme Member
    Registered

I remember when I had the frozen shoulder I had to bend over from the waist and hang my arm down and do circles with it one way then the other .....I'd imagine you wouldn't be able to do something that strenuous yet Steve
    Take care ,,

3. Steve North

Steve North Supreme Member
    Registered

No Kate. not yet but it will come..
    Tomorrow (Monday) we have physio again.. This will be my second session..
    Tomorrow we also have our local seniors club monthly pot luck supper which we will most likely be attending.. It gives my wife a break from cooking for one night.. As I am quite disabled, I will get priority to help myself for the food first to which my wife will have to do it for me.. Actually, I am looking forward to getting out and meeting some friends..
    We have to bring something so I will buy some bagels and some cookies for the table..

4. Steve North

Registered

Somehow I am up at this hour 3:45am.. I went to the bathroom and I am having trouble falling back asleep, so I decided to come on here till I get tired..
    I must get up early tomorrow as I have physiotherapy and I want to do a bit of food shopping before physio.. Pot luck supper after physio which is in the same building as physio but way down at the other end of the hospital.. Too far to walk so we will drive around to the other entrance..

5. Steve North

Registered

Physio was as usual pretty torture like, but it did loosen up my stiffness in my shoulder a bit which is good..
    A group of new exercises for the next few days..

Up and it is only just after 5:00am.. Can't sleep so I came on here for a while till I get sleepy again..

6. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

@Steve North , not trying to tell you what to do but maybe you should take the pain pills so you can rest better. I'm not a real big believer in taking pills but there are times that we really need them. You can stop when you get so you can rest through the night without them.

7. Steve North

Registered

Shirley..
    My main problem is since the operation, I can ONLY sleep on my back and not on my side..
    I still have my arm in a sling 24/7 and that is really annoying..
    I undo the sling when in bed and place my arm on a pillow, but I still must remain on my back..
    Sleeping on my back isn't the most comfortable position.. I often wake up to go to the bathroom with a sore lower back from the poor posture when in bed..
    6 weeks I must remain on my back.. It has already been just over 3 weeks.. Getting there..

When I take a pain killer, it is only for my shoulder and so far I haven't taken any in the past few days.. They actually don't even make me sleepy..

I will survive as we are strong people, however it is still a big pain in the ASS !!!!

Holly Saunders likes this.
  8. Kate Ellery

Registered

I'm going to be popping in and out when I can ,I'm off to a warmer part of Australia next week for a whole month .
    IMG_3230.GIF
    It's an average of 12c daytime temptures here ...........where we are heading to is an average of 25c daytime temps
    so it's good to go up to Queensland to thaw the bones out .( we are in the middle of winter here ) while some of you are boiling hot
    IMG_1084.GIF
    We go up to Coolangatta every year about this time

9. Steve North

Registered

Enjoy Kate...
    My sister-in-law lives in Brisbane and I know how lovely it is up there..

10. Kate Ellery

Registered

We are planing on doing a train trip to Brisbane Steve ,Where we stay is about 80 km south of Brisbane

11. Louise Williams

Registered

Wow isn't it neat, that Steve knows the area or has relatives where Kate will be visiting ?
    Steve you should tell Kate via PM , where they live and get a chance to say Hello to your brother Steve! I think that would be neat.. or ask your brother to hook on to this site(seniors only) if he has a computer .. just sayin' lol..

Mean while Kate we are melting in this over 90s degree heat wave here in the middle of the USA.. graphics-weather-120210.gif

Kate Ellery likes this.
  12. Steve North

Registered

Louise..
    It isn't my brother.. I don't have a brother..
    It is my wife's sister who lives in Brisbane.. She moved there some years ago from Dunedin, New Zealand to pursue her nursing career in Brisbane where the $$$ is more than in NZ..

13. Louise Williams

Registered

OOPs .. Sorry.. :oops:
    Hope your doing better every day,Steve..

14. Kate Ellery

Registered

Steve I was asked buy 5 different people while up in Queensland last year if I was from NZ ...no I've never even been there .....
    I don't think I sound anything like a person from NZ :) I did mention once when we were travelling with the caravan I walked into a shop said hello to the lady at the door she said ..oh your from south Australia aren't you
    :D:) so even people who live in different states in Aust can sound different :p:D

15. Steve North

Registered

Today, Tuesday I went for another session of physiotorture at the physiotherapist..
    She claims I am improving and I can now move my arm in certain positions that I couldn't do till now..
    Today is exactly one month since my operation and what an improvement in the past month..
    2 more weeks and I will most likely get the OK to start driving the car again.. Hopefully, I can also drive the tractor as well.. No lifting or straining, but just driving..
    I do my exercises each day and I take it very seriously as the difference between a good recovery and a great recovery is the amount of physio you get and the exercises you do..
    I am now chopping veggies and starting to cook a bit..
    Oh Yes..... The physiotherapist told me that I can start sleeping on my left side, not on the right just yet.. Just keep a pillow under my arm for support and go for it.. Till now, I have been sleeping only on my back which isn't very comfortable and I don't get a deep sleep..
    I was given more different exercises to do for the next few days.. Some are OK and some are painful.. They must be done regardless..

that's it for now and I am now using my right hand to type which makes it easier..

Ina I. Wonder likes this.