Game Chat

Discussion in 'Games & Riddles' started by Louise Williams, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Steve North

Steve North Supreme Member
    Registered

Well, I tried to play a few games and so I did...
    It is coming along slowly.. Typing slowly is OK but I can't type like before so I am slow at the games..
    As long as I can do something to occupy my mind (whatever is left of my mind)...

Holly Saunders likes this.
  2. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Yes just take things slowly @Steve, you can do more damage trying to rush things... it's nice to see you on the games, but you just must only do what is comfortable for you, and no more... I think you're doing fabulously well already for someone whose had a whole new shoulder... I don't think I'd be anywhere nearly as brave!!

3. Louise Williams

Louise Williams Supreme Member
    Registered

I agree . Holly. .. Steve Is doing very well. Good for you , Steve!!! its nice you can join us again..

4. Steve North

Registered

OK... A report from my first day at physiotherapy..
    To make a long story short, why don't I tell you how I feel after a torture session..

JUST LIKE A STEAM ROLLER WENT OVER ME .......

The physiotherapist was more concerned with the stiffness in the shoulder rather than the lack of strength.. She gave me some exercises to do at home and naturally I did them over there as well.. .... WOW !!! ... I can say it was quite the workout.. I go back again on Monday and we will try to create a schedule for twice a week right through the early fall..

Let me tell you that after the first physio, a coffee at MacDonald's tasted like gold..

5. Louise Williams

Registered

You did good Steve !!. and im sure the coffee was worth the effort.. .lol

6. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Supreme Member
    Registered

I like maccas hot cakes once in a while ..Steve , normally if we both have to starve to have blood tests we will have a treat of maccas hot cakes

7. Louise Williams

Registered

that sounds delish..! 4.gif

Kate Ellery likes this.
  8. Steve North

Registered

For some unknown reason, I am up in the middle of the night.. I played a few games to get me tired.. No pain, just can't sleep..
    Yesterday it was so cold in the house that I actually had the furnace on for some heat.. It was only 10c outside and damp.. Is this summer ??

9. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Well I hope it's not your summer...10 degrees?..wow!! we've had around 28c for the last few weeks...but today it's a bit dull and only 19 deg c

10. Louise Williams

Registered

That happens to me sometimes. Steve, I just turn on the boob tube til my eyes get tired ..I keep my computer shut down at night when I to bed....

11. Steve North

Registered

Well, here we are again at almost 3:00am and I can't sleep..
    I went to sleep around the 11:00pm mark and got up to go to the bathroom and I am having trouble falling back asleep, so I am on here till my eyes start to get heavy..

I haven't taken a pain killer pill in 2 days now.. There is some discomfort, but not pain.. My shoulder is starting to loosen up as it was very stiff since I am doing my exercises that the physio gave me to do.. Back on Monday for another session of physio and most likely on Friday.. Twice a week..

12. Louise Williams

Registered

Sounds like your getting through this even fairly well, Steve... Except for the trouble falling back to sleep. once you can get more active you will be tired enough at the end of the day to sleep all night again...

I myself got up at 3 am this morning and just tossed and turned til 4am.. so Ive been up early this morning but it rained yesterday and has been very hot here so we have not walked the dogs in several days so those daytime walks with the dogs are not happening too often..
    But the walks do tire me out and then plus chores at home, tires me out and im able to sleep well then.. are you able to walk your little dog outside? Might be you need more exercise too, just sayin' :D

13. Steve North

Registered

Louise, your not wrong as far as getting a bit more exercise.. It will come but for now I can only do what I can do which isn't very much..

It is now almost 11:00am and I just got up and dressed.. I slept through till now which gives me about a good 8 hours of sleep..
    Today I am getting a homecare nurse come here to give me a shower.. That should help me sleep a bit better..

14. Louise Williams

Registered

Take each day as it comes , Steve, your doing great !.. and so glad your here to chit chat and play games too..

15. Steve North

Registered

I am doing my exercises daily and the stiffness is very slowly going, however there is considerable pain while I am doing the exercises..
    The pain is because I am stretching the shoulder joint a bit and it goes away pretty soon after I stop so I don't have to take a pain killer..