Game Chat

Discussion in 'Games & Riddles' started by Louise Williams, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Supreme Member
    Registered

Here you are @Louise Williams tic toc biscuits ...they used to be called Tick Tock ...names been changed for some unknown reason ....name might have been politicy incorrect ..
    They were called that because the have a clock face on them ...they are as hard as ..a rock ,you had to dip.them in your coffee to soften therm
    IMG_3136.JPG

2. Louise Williams

Louise Williams Supreme Member
    Registered

awe, they are so cute.. kinda sounds like our Biscoff cookie Bisquits they sell here to go with you coffee . they are hard as rocks too, but you dip them in your coffee and mmm they are sooo good..

[​IMG]

3. Steve North

Steve North Supreme Member
    Registered

Dippers ??? I don't think so for me.. I am the last of the dippers....

I have neighbours but they are down the road from me, about 1/4 km....
    I do get along extremely well with all the people on my road even if they are some distance away from me..
    One offered to mow my lawn while I can't.. He is the same one that cleans my driveway all winter for nothing.. He refuses to accept any money.. We buy him a lovely Christmas gift in return.. For his birthday, we get him one gallon of real Canadian maple syrup.. He has a sweet tooth..

Holly Saunders likes this.
  4. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Those Biscoff biscuits are served just about everywhere here when you order a coffee in a restaurant or bar. I don't like them, but my husband who otherwise never eats biscuits always has the one that's served with my coffee..

5. Kate Ellery

Registered

@Holly Saunders to answer your question re shopping discounts ..( in Q&A game ) no , all we get if we spend over $30 is a 4 cents a ltr petrol discount ,that's at Woolworths ,Coles or Foodland .... we don't buy petrol from either of their petrol stations because they are all at least 10- 15 cents a ltr dearer than Costco..

Holly Saunders likes this.
  6. Steve North

Registered

I will be unavailable for the next few days.. We are having visitors staying with us and the computer is in the guest room, so I won't be using the computer, not to infringe on their privacy..
    They are scheduled to arrive on Friday daytime and will most likely be staying for 4 days which means leaving on Monday..

7. Louise Williams

Registered

Glad your having some company, Steve. Have a good time..!!

8. Kate Ellery

Registered

It must be the weekend for visitors as I'm having a visitor from Friday ( today ) to Monday as well

9. Steve North

Registered

my visitors just called me from their car.. They are still about 10 hours away from my house which means they will arrive here on Saturday late afternoon...

10. Steve North

Registered

My visitors arrived here last Saturday, and today is Saturday, and they are still here..
    They were supposed to stay for 3 days but somehow they decided to extend their visit here to over one week..
    Personally, I don't mind but my life is somewhat different and I am getting prepared to go into the hospital for my shoulder replacement operation.. I definitely need my rest before the operation, so I asked them to please go home on Monday which they agreed to ...

11. Louise Williams

Registered

I'm sure they understand , Steve.. I still say. after 3 days , company begin to stink.. LOL in other words ....
    a 3 day limit should be enough time to catch up on everything.. unless they are family and are there to help you when needed..

just a few mo.'s ago , we had friends here for 3 days and I do not cook ,cept breakfast. well, we paid for their meals whenever we ate out but on the last day I ask if it was ok , we go dutch this time. ( pay for our own meals. ) they immediately concurred.. :D

12. Kate Ellery

Registered

I've just had a visitor for 4 days ,and I've declared no more ..visitors ...( ever ) she gobbled all our good qualty meals,and contributed nothing ..well she offered some two minuite noodles that she lives on and half of a tomato .....no thank you ....:eek: we don't eat that stuff .........it costs us money to have her or anyone stay ..

13. Louise Williams

Registered

I agree..

Kate Ellery likes this.
  14. Steve North

Registered

I am fine.. The visitors have gone..
    Tomorrow (Tuesday) I will bring my computer into the shop for its annual cleaning and renewal of my antivirus system..
    I will pick it up from the shop on Friday which means I will be off line for the rest of the week..
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am now off my anti-inflammatory pill one week before my surgery because it contains a blood thinner..
    This pill is what kept me going for my arthritis and if I don't take it, I will be in more pain than I am in now..
    So far so good but it will get worse very soon..
    I will be back on here on Friday night and let you know what is going on...
    Next Monday I am off to the hospital for the BIG day..

15. Kate Ellery

Registered

Take care Steve