Game Chat

Discussion in 'Games & Riddles' started by Louise Williams, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

I take all my pictures either on my camera or on my phone Steve...although the picture I posted of the Cornish Cove, was just uploaded straight from the Internet.. I used to live close to there years ago but no longer...although I do live in a pretty part of the Uk close to rivers...there are no beaches..closest beach is an hour away.

@Kate...that's beautiful to have on your doorstep...but I wouldn't want it personally. Our house in Southern Spain is just 5 minutes drive from the beach... and I've seen the terrible damage that the salt in the ocean does to the houses close to the beach.....of course that might just be Spain...can't say I've seen the same type of damage in the houses near the beach in the UK?... hmmmm..I've just thought of that, I wonder why that is.. o_O

2. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Supreme Member
    Registered

Here's a photo I took in spring ( yes spring ) when we had those wild storms, it's the same area in the photo I posted this morning ( I got the one I posted this morning off the net ) I took this one ,we had 100km winds
    in IMG_3006.JPG spring,remember this is a quiet bay ,the winds caused millions of $$$$ in damage to,the cliffs
    @Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders likes this.
  3. Steve North

Steve North Supreme Member
    Registered

Holly..
    Not only do I not have a cell phone, but I don't have a camera..

4. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Supreme Member
    Registered

Holly we had to pay extra $$$ when we had this home built ,to prevent corrosion ,anything metal that was used in the building ,like nails ,screws ,wire they put between the bricks and the wood frame ,had to be double dipped ,and extra thick glass in or windows to cope with the once in a while storms

5. Steve North

Registered

Salt water can be damaging on the long run.. It can corrode almost everything..
    Even fresh water can corrode wood over time.. We up here have pressure treated wood which will stand the elements of time.. We use it for all outdoors exposure ...

6. Louise Williams

Louise Williams Supreme Member
    Registered

steve I have an old small Sanyo Digital camera.. im not a camera buff with lots of different lens or things like that. got it at Wal-Mart for 30 dollars and this was when I lived in Maine, it has been very good to me all these years .. and there are a ton of things I can do on this camera but all I want ,is to just take simple pics . im not a camera buff..

If you live anywhere on the East coast of the USA, the Atlantic Sea is salt water . so same thing goes for corrosion of what Kate has and what Holly had to deal with.. We had a sealant put under our car and hubs truck.. if you lived in Florida , think that is the worse , kinda like what Kate has to put up with all the time...surrounded by salt water..

7. Steve North

Registered

Where I live, almost everyone has their vehicle undercoated every fall as the road salt can totally rust your car in about 3 or 4 winters.. The undercoating will allow you to keep the vehicle for over 10 years without a single speck of rust anywhere.. When I sold my truck last year, it was 12 years old and it looked like it just came out of the showroom..

As far as a camera goes, when I get mobile again after my shoulder operation, I will look into getting a simple camera.. Meanwhile, I will live without taking pictures.. The pictures you see that I post were taken by one of our friends up here..

8. Louise Williams

Registered

Good luck finding a simple camera these days . but the new digital ones work pretty well just like a simple camera..but you would need batteries too or you can get a disposable camera but you would not be able to load the pics to your computer like you would a digital camera with the card inside the camera..im sure you will find something.. which reminds me I need to upload my latest pics of my Stella Dora flowers, all blooming at once too,

9. Steve North

Registered

I have been living for the past 10 or more years without a camera..
    I can most likely keep on living without one, however as soon as I can get to a decent store, I will look into getting a camera that is simple to use.. Nothing complicated..

10. Louise Williams

Registered

A simple camera would be a disposable camera. you would just take the film to the drug store to get developed.
    Remember the old days when we use to have to do that?

11. Steve North

Registered

No where around here to have those films developed..
    If there was, I do have a camera that takes film.. They are telling me that the film must go to Toronto to be developed and a roll of 24 exposures could cost me up to $75.00 to develop.. FORGET IT !!
    Besides, nobody around here sells film..

I will go to a speciality shop and buy a camera but only after I am better from my shoulder operation..

12. Louise Williams

Registered

yes I guess you could easily pay 75 dollars or more for a good camera at a specialty shop.. , ,But i'm cheap ,so I got mine at a discount store. 35 dollars.. i've had it for a long time..Its a Sanyo.

13. Steve North

Registered

Louise.. I was saying it costs $75.00 just to develop the films...
    I wasn't mentioning the camera..
    I will buy a camera when I am better after my shoulder replacement..

14. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

75 dollars for a camera....?.... wow I wish!!.... just for my simple Bridge camera it costs over £500.... and a decent SLR can cost anything upwards of £1500 to infinity...

Yep you're right @Steve it;s very costly now to have film developed ...

15. Steve North

Registered

The other thing is, where can you buy film today???
    Nobody has it any more..