Game Chat

Discussion in 'Games & Riddles' started by Louise Williams, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Steve North

Steve North Supreme Member
    Registered

My wife's foot is healing beautifully but slowly.. she now is walking on it a bit and has no pain..
    she still has the boot cast but doesn't wear it in the house which means she will be OK by then..
    Yes, she drives very well..

Obviously I won't be able to drive for at least 2 full months after I start physiotherapy.. It will be up to the therapist to tell me if I can drive or not.. I will definitely obey her and not be a hero..

Another good thing is I won't have my winter clothes on which will make it much easier to get dressed and go out..
    I already have shoes that tie-up with Velcro straps meaning I don't have any laces to tie which I can't with only one hand..

2. Steve North

Registered

Well, I'm up again at this hour (5:00am) and I just took a pain killer pill (Oxycodone) for my painful shoulder..
    Seems like almost every night I am up with this problem..
    I can't wait for June 27th when my shoulder will be replaced.. I know it will be very awkward in the beginning with only my left arm to live with, but after a few weeks, I will be able to start using my right arm again...
    The best thing of all is after the operation, NO MORE PAIN ....

Holly Saunders likes this.
  3. Louise Williams

Louise Williams Supreme Member
    Registered

You mean no more pain after your 'all healed and have gone though some very extensive and rough therapy ' right?

4. Steve North

Registered

Louise... Exactly.. That is why we go through the replacements.. How can you have pain after a replacement if the joint is made of metal ???
    NO MORE PAIN !!!

5. Louise Williams

Registered

Really ? no pain? that's fantastic. !!!!!! I did not realize that..nor did I even know that.. lol...

Hate to go now but I have to go find something to wear tomorrow to church. Hope you have good night , Steve take care. maybe see you tomorrow afternoon sometime..

6. Steve North

Registered

Louise.. I have had a few replacements due to arthritis and I have absolutely NO pain in any of my replacements.. Nothing at all.. I can walk for about an hour or more without even realising that I have had both hips replaced..

7. Louise Williams

Registered

Well, i can see now why you are so anxious to get this done. and may you heal quickly too..

8. Steve North

Registered

Louise..
    The healing process is two fold..
    First the incision has to heal which is rather a fast and simple thing.. As soon as the staples come out, (in 2 weeks) it is almost there.. The incision never has pain as long as there is no infection which is rare..

Now, the inside must also heal which takes a heck of a long time.. That is why we have physiotherapy for 6 months to strengthen up the inside.. There is no pain during the physio, but there is some weakness in the beginning as the arm hasn't been used for a while.. As physio continues, the shoulder movement increases to the point of 100% use which takes about 6 months..

9. Louise Williams

Registered

Well if there is anyone knows the complete process, its you, Steve.. The Bionic Man,,:D I'm very happy for you !..:)

10. Steve North

Registered

Thanks Louise but I only wish I didn't have to go through all that...

Can you think what would of happened if all this would of happened about 75 years ago ?? They didn't have the replacements and the knowledge they have today..

Holly Saunders likes this.
  11. Louise Williams

Registered

Gosh , never even crossed my mind, Steve...what did they do in those days , I wonder.? oh the Pain...!!

12. Steve North

Registered

Most likely they spent their life in a wheel chair or bed ridden..

13. Louise Williams

Registered

Sad, really.. we are becoming so advanced now a days..

14. Steve North

Registered

Absolutely, but it is very good for us as we can have a quality of life at an older age..

15. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

I think you have a fabulous spirit for someone in so much pain @Steve North , I know you're not looking forward to the OP and the after pain..but you have a great way of looking at it... speculate to accumulate... no pain no gain...and let's hope these weeks fly by for you until the OP...and your recovery time too...

Steve North likes this.