Game Chat

Discussion in 'Games & Riddles' started by Louise Williams, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Supreme Member
    Registered

We have a simular system Steve ,it's called PATS (patients assistance travel scheme ) but they are no where near as generous as your government ,they only pay a little of the accommodation and fuel costs if you live more than 100km from the city ,we are about 160 km away
    and no way would we get any assistance for a chair lift ,in fact our government has cut most of our services we used to get ,including our pensions ,luckily we are fully independent and don't require any assistance and hope to keep it that way as long as possible

2. Kate Ellery

Registered

3. Louise Williams

Louise Williams Supreme Member
    Registered

a coon skin coat is ...this

[​IMG]

POPULAR VINTAGE STYLES: Raccoon is made up of approximately 90% undercoat — which remember in the terminology above, is the fur which insulates the animal and is therefore the densest & warmest.

According to hunting stats kept on record, raccoon trapping for outdoor garment use reached an all time high in the ’70s when 5.2 million raccoons were caught in the hunting season of 1976-1977.

The reason for such hunting popularity of the ‘coon is most likely due to the fact that other animals used for warm outerwear — (cough cough) beaver — were still struggling to regain population after being over hunted for literally hundreds of years.

Raccoon was also popular in the ’20s & ’30s before the trend of “long haired fur” became less popular in the ’40s-’50s when the short haired mink reigned supreme & most stylish.

An interesting vintage trend to note is that when Walt Disney released the movie “Davy Crockett: King of the Wild Frontier” in the ’50s that raccoon hats — complete with tails and all — became popular.

4. Kate Ellery

Registered

5. Kate Ellery

Registered

6. Louise Williams

Registered

gosh its pretty..

7. Kate Ellery

Registered

It's very sharp and spiny ,it grows mainly up,the top of Australia ..lots of critters live in spinifex as it's to spiny for the enemy to get them ..Indigenous people used it for making tools it's a type of resin
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spinifex_resin

8. Louise Williams

Registered

very interesting .. thanks for that infomation

9. Kate Ellery

Registered

That's why "our forum" :D is so interesting ..despite our ages we can still learn something new everyday IMG_2792.GIF I wish we had this technology whe we were younger ..it opens up a whole new world to us

10. Louise Williams

Registered

Yes , I agree. if only ,,when we were younger., .. but we can still learn, although I may forget it all by tomorrow!! :D

11. Steve North

Steve North Supreme Member
    Registered

We are back safe and sound..
    We both had a Cat Scan and I have to call up the doctor's office on Monday (tomorrow) for an appointment next week for us to go and get the results of the test..
    Her foot is getting a bit better but far from healed..
    My shoulder won't get any better but the Cat Scan will tell how bad it really is.. meanwhile I still have pain and I am taking my Oxycodone pain killers when necessary..

12. Steve North

Registered

Well, it looks like we finally are having some spring like weather..
    The daytime temps are above 0c around the 3c to 7c mark and the nights are below freezing which is just the way we like it..
    With the warm daytime temps and the cold nights, the maple syrup is flowing like a faucet all day long..
    We have quite a maple syrup industry up here..
    Between Quebec and Northern Ontario, we produce almost 75% of the maple syrup....
    Now, that's BIG business..

13. Louise Williams

Registered

Maine makes a lot of syrup too but I think in the united states .. Its the state of Vermont ,that makes the most Maple syrup.. but I don't know the percentage..I ve been to many of the sugar shacks up in Maine. that hot syrup smells so good!! I can almost smell it now .. Hmmmm,, yummy In the Tummy..
    Hope you and your princess's cat scans will show good results , Steve..
    It got up to 82º today. this was the hottest day so far in the 3 weeks of 70 degrees.. but we are in for another round of bad weather coming tonight and into tomorrow... and hubby has a Dr. appointment in Memphis tomorrow morning at 8am at the VA Hospital... he will be leaving at 5:30 am to be there before 8am. its take over 2 hrs to get there and then with the bad weather and the morning Traffic , I Chee Wa Waa!! I will be praying he gets there safely . Our neighbor said he would go with him to keep him company. I don't want to travel in that weather ..and besides I do not like Memphis , it's as bad as Chicago. if not worse..!
    Good night everyone, sleeping.gif

14. Steve North

Registered

Night Louise..

15. Louise Williams

Registered

Well a the big bad storms have never arrived here thank goodness nor did it hit Memphis .. hubs called ..the weather was good but the Traffic was Hectic..!
    but we could see something later. (so they say) .all that hullaballoo about nothing!! LOL.. you would think with the technology they have now they could be right about the storm.! jeeese !!..:eek: not that I wanted the rain and bad weather but , I have not seen one drop of rain yet!!