Game Chat

Discussion in 'Games & Riddles' started by Louise Williams, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Steve North

Steve North Supreme Member
    Registered

Last time I had the other shoulder done, I was in physiotherapy for just over 6 months..
    It was done in October and we went to physio through the winter.. Physio is at the hospital in Espanola which is about 40kms from our house.. We went twice a week for 6 months..
    My wife had her knee replaced a few years ago and she too went for 5 months to physio twice a week..

This time at least it will be the summer where it is much easier than travelling in winter..

2. Steve North

Registered

Just to let you know that the temperature is dropping down to -36c for tonight.. THIS IS FANTASTIC !!
    The past few days we had a nice snowfall which we needed badly.. We had 40 cms of snow..

This coming week-end there are several events going on in our village..
    ~We are having our Winter Carnival..
    ~There are ice fishing tournaments on 4 different lakes in our area, each one independent from the other..
    ~These ice fishing tournaments will be on every week-end for the next few weeks..
    ~All of the snowmobile trails have been groomed and are in perfect shape..
    ~The cross-country trails are ready to go..
    ~There is a hockey tournament on this weekend in our village as well.. Different teams from the region..

All this is very good for our village as it brings in hundreds of people that will eventually spend their $$$ here..
    All the Motels and the B&B's are completely full..
    The restaurants are full at all times..
    The gas station is constantly busy..
    The small engine shops are open during the week-end..

I can go on and on, but you can see why it is important for us to have lots of snow and very cold weather..

3. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Supreme Member
    Registered

Think I'd gladly swap you Steve ,it's been "stinking " here We have had 5 days of 42c ( 107f ) We live in the driest state in Australia ..and we have had so much humid weather this summer ..I hate it !!!!! we don't live in a tropical area ...we live in dry heat (normally) area :eek:

To top,it off our A/C broke down forcing us to endure a very uncomfortable 30+c night with a useless fan.,compaired to our ducted air con ..
    We drove to the city and back this morning to go get a new motor for the AC ,hubby fitted it ,however it wasn't all plain sailing he was on the roof in 43c heat and it still refused to go .....Hubs found the problem a blown fuse and fixed it ...We are forecast for another 2 days of this heat ..I will be glad to see the last of it :(:eek:

4. Steve North

Registered

Kate..
    funny you have 42c temperature and we here are going to have -42c for the next day or so...

5. Louise Williams

Louise Williams Supreme Member
    Registered

2 different worlds. sounds like to me Kate and Steve.. we are having a cold snap .. been in the 30's today then will be in the 70's along with some rain for the week-end,, go figure. the weather has gone bizzerk everywhere lately.. the upper East Coasters are having snow and sleet and ice storms right now. but they have had a mild winter... til now anyway...

6. Steve North

Registered

Exactly Louise.. We live at opposite ends of the world and our seasons are opposite as well..
    Kate lives in a rather warm area while I live in a rather cold area..
    She likes her central air conditioning while I like my central heating..
    Personally I don't think I would enjoy that kind of heat while she wouldn't enjoy this kind of cold..
    She loves where she is, or she wouldn't be there, while I love where I am, or I wouldn't be here..

7. Kate Ellery

Registered

Yep Steve us south Aussies don't like the cold ,that's why we escape up,to Queensland in winter to enjoy some of their mid 20's winter sun ...On the other hand I hate this extreme heat we have had this week mid 40's c ..it's supose to be colder tomorrow hopefully ,give me mid 30's any day .
    I wonder how we survived as kids ..in up to 48c temps in NSW no fans or air conditioners but there again it was safe enough in those days ,to drag the old flock mattress out on the front lawn to sleep with no fear of being hurt

Last edited: Feb 10, 2017
  8. Louise Williams

Registered

Haha ,, Kate, I recall us kids sleeping outside in tents on the lawn in the summer as it would cool down some by then, we also had a old army hammock that had a mosquito netting over it , just zip it up and you could sleep in it without any mosquitoes bites.. LOL.those were the good ole days.

9. Steve North

Registered

No mosquitos up here this week...
    I promise you that...

10. Steve North

Registered

Our small village is totally overrun with tourists this week-end..
    We are having our annual winter carnival which is for 3 days and attracts loads of people.. There is a hockey tournament to go along with it which brings in teams from all over the province..
    There is no less than 3 different ice fishing tournaments going on at the same time this week-end..
    The snowmobile trails are groomed and are in fabulous condition.. Loaded with snowmobilers from near and far..
    Saturday Night there is a dance with a live popular band (Railroad Steel) performing which packs our auditorium..

All of this is golden $$$$$ for our small village... I am sure the merchants will appreciate this week-end.. Every shop is open.. There isn't a vacant room available in the area for overnight accommodations..

The weather is perfect with a snow fall on Friday of 10cms.. Perfect for the parade which drew thousands..
    Temperatures on Saturday up to +2c and sunny with little or no wind..
    Sunday is another lovely day with sun and pleasant temperatures..

11. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

That's wonderful, Steve.

To all you nice people:

[​IMG]

12. Louise Williams

Registered

Awe,, thanks Shirley. Hope you had a nice ♥ day ..!

13. Steve North

Registered

This little Pomeranian is our dog.. She was a rescue at 4 months old.. Someone had her and presented her to us and told us we either take her or he will put a 12 gauge to her head, so we took her.. She doesn't bark at all unless there is a reason such as a wild animal around the house, if someone knocks at the door, if you play with her, or if she has to go potty.. Extremely affectionate, very clean, and very well behaved..
    We found out later that there are papers for her from the breeder if we wanted to prove she is a purebred, which we don't want because she is fixed and she is our pet.. She will be 5 years old in may.. Her name is SHEEBA as she acts like the Queen of Sheeba.. Today she is all of 6 pounds..

14. Louise Williams

Registered

Geeze all of 6 lbs. .....my big tomcat weighs almost 20 lbs.. !

15. Kate Ellery

Registered

Yep I think tomcat could go on a diet ,if only he would eat what his "SLAVE" served him @Louise Williams