Game Chat

Discussion in 'Games & Riddles' started by Louise Williams, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

It's beautiful, Craig. But did you notice that all those people are driving on the wrong side of the road????? :)

2. Craig Wilson

Craig Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

@Kate Ellery. I wanna know why we are having a four day long weekend when Oz Day does not fall on a weekend. Besides our Covid depleted economy can not afford an extra day's lost productivity.

Kate Ellery likes this.
  3. Craig Wilson

Registered

Yeh silly twits Shirley.

Kate Ellery and Shirley Martin like this.
  4. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

Well, Gang, I will get my COVID-19 vaccine tomorrow about 3:30. I'll let y'all know tomorrow night how it went.

Craig Wilson and Kate Ellery like this.
  5. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Supreme Member
    Registered

Yep @Craig Wilson the radio announcers keep,saying it’s a long weekend ....WHAT ...no it’s not !! all the yuppies want a extra day off ..
    I’ve just come home after being out to get a couple of things ..it’s a mad house in the food shops ( here in home town ) you’d think shops are going to closed for 6 months ...I really don’t understand shoppers mentality :eek:o_O rushing around shopping and the shops will be open as usual here.

Nah dear miss @Shirley Martin I’m afraid there’s something wrong with your maps ....even Paul Hogan ( crocodile Dundee ) had it correct in the movie when he was in NY ....
    no wonder they have so many accidents here they ....drive on the wrong side of the road

833396B0-4389-4BEB-9885-822EEC1348E3.gif

Last edited: Jan 24, 2021
  6. Kate Ellery

Registered

What about posting a YouTube of beautiful Sydney harbour @Craig Wilson I’m sure our non Aussie friends will be gob smacked just how much water there is in Sydney harbour and the size of the “ coat hanger “ that was once painted by our own Actor Paul Hogan before he became famous for his crocodile Dundee movies

Craig Wilson likes this.
  7. Steve North

Steve North Supreme Member
    Registered

could be interesting...

8. Steve North

Steve North Supreme Member
    Registered

A picture of the ice fishing derby held on one of our local lakes..
    This year the derby is cancelled due to the local lockdown.. Over 500 participants would of been registered for the event..

[​IMG]

Shirley Martin likes this.
  9. Craig Wilson

Registered

[​IMG]
    This was Bing's pic of the day. Heart Reef, Whitsundays, Nth Qld. Evidently in honor of Australia celebrating her national day.

You know my views on this @Kate Ellery. I am with Aunty ABC and our First Nations people that Jan 26 represents ''invasion day". Perhaps they need to add annihilation day too as the British eradicated an entire Indigenous race on Tasmania Island and many thousands on the mainland.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2021
    Shirley Martin likes this.
  10. Craig Wilson

Registered

I love gobsmacking our North American friends @Kate Ellery. I have already posted some of Sydney Harbor on the Australiana thread. Will take another squizz online.

Kate Ellery likes this.
  11. Kate Ellery

Registered

You know dear Aussie friend we could debate till the cows come home on this subject ....but I don’t like or get into politics :eek::( however if it wasn’t the British who invaded Australia it would have been some other race and my preference is British over others like Japan who tried to invade the top end as we Aussies call it ( Darwin)
    ( Australia ) during the war years ....so who knows
    @Craig Wilson

12. Kate Ellery

Registered

We have some horrible fires in our beautiful Adelaide hills ...and you know what ...
    It WAS started by a 60 YEAR OLD ...we had a cool change yesterday with over an inch of rain so it’s helped the weary firefighters by the rain dousing the fires ,they are not completely out but are being bought under control.

That’s our state premier in the left in video

13. Louise Miller

Louise Miller Veteran Member
    Registered

Oh my gosh, so you have some bad people in Australia too , eh? 86 plus homes burned already !!.. sooo sad..
    i loved listening to the accents tho.. Nice contributions to the needy, amazing.!!
    do not go to Adelide!!. they said !! so stay home and stay safe , Kate..!

i tell ya, there is never a shortage of nuts in this world!!

Kate Ellery likes this.
  14. Craig Wilson

Registered

We may be speaking French and drinking and eating much more wine and escargo (snails) today my Aussie friend as a fleet from France was only days behind the Brits in settling our Great Southern Land. France was no less a brutal colonial master than was colonial Britain.

15. Craig Wilson

Registered

Today is the last of Sydney's heatwave.. a rather warm 40c (104f) here in the south while our north is promised 112f. Back to mild temps and possible showers for the next week.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2021