Game Chat

Discussion in 'Games & Riddles' started by Louise Williams, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Steve North

Steve North Supreme Member
    Registered

Kate..... I can't agree with you more.. You are perfect in your idea..
    We here have almost the same thing with our doctor a 30 minute drive from our house.. We love our house and our country life.. We are not near any water but we are in the back country where we can see the different seasons and their changes in colour.. Lots of wildlife and lots of quiet..
    Believe me, my house isn't worth in the millions either.. No mortgage, no debt, and no financial problems..

2. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Supreme Member
    Registered

Same here Steve we own every thing we own home / car but mind you no one gave us anything we got what we have by working ( I worked part time till I was 65 ) and if we want something we save for it ..like our new car ..we saved for three years with a goal in mind paying cash for our new dream car which was to be a Honda ..but thank goodness we took one for a drive before making the final decision .,what a nightmare to drive the steering was so stiff and my knees where about 2 inches from the glove box with the seat right back ...so we bought a Nissan

3. Steve North

Registered

Good decision on the Nissan.. They are good cars and will last a very long time.. Many folks up here have them and they have over 250,000kms and still going without any problems...
    Isn't it a good feeling when what we have we earned and appreciate it more than just go out and buy it...

4. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

I told y'all that my high school friends had cancelled our monthly lunches because of the VOVID-19 virus, didn't I? One of them called me today and said that they are going to meet August 19 for lunch. I would soooo love to go but one of my long time friends just died this morning from the virus.

I backed out of the beach trip because my niece and nephew will have to be on two different airplanes to get here from Seattle. They might be exposed to the virus on the plane or at the airport. But these are local people who probably have been self isolating. Go or not go to lunch? How do I decide?

5. Kate Ellery

Registered

We are staying away from crowds ,one of our dancing venues has reopened but we feel uneasy about attending and being in the same room with 50-60 others ...for 4 hours so we’ve decided to give city venue dancing a miss till prob next year ...we are going to our hall in the middle of nowhere today with one other couple.

Sorry to hear of your friend passing away with the virus ..I think its very wise to keep away from any gatherings until
    you feel it’s safe I think our gut feelings guides us well ..if in doubt don’t go
    Please be carful @Shirley Martin

6. Shirley Martin

Registered

Thanks, Kate. I told her I'd let her know before the lunch. One of my old time sayings is..... if in doubt, don't.

7. Kate Ellery

Registered

If your gut tells you NO ...don’t go ....especially if your gonna be in contact with someone who’s been on planes and in airports

8. Kate Ellery

Registered

I’ve gotta go get ready to go out dancing ....thanks for games Shirley ...

Shirley Martin likes this.
  9. Shirley Martin

Registered

I won't be going to the beach with my niece and nephew but I would love to see them. I'm going to put some chairs out under my big ol' oak tree and visit with them out there. We can distance and still visit. I'll miss the big hugs but we can still bump elbows. :D

10. Shirley Martin

Registered

Nite nite, Kate. Have fun. I'm sure y'all will. :)

11. Steve North

Registered

Shirley... Like you said, if in doubt, don't...
    Better to be safe now than sorry later...

12. Kate Ellery

Registered

Gotta go girls we want to go out shopping and-get back it’s going to be 9c ( 48f ) here today with the possibly of snow on the highest hill in Adelaide called Mount Lofty
    It’s 8.45 am so I’ve gotta run ..
    Byeeee thanks for games x

13. Louise Miller

Louise Miller Veteran Member
    Registered

ok , get a move on.. but stay away from that highest hill in Adelaide.!!!!

14. Shirley Martin

Registered

I have to go, too, girls. It's been fun. See y'all later.

15. Steve North

Registered

We were in Sudbury today.. I was looking to trade my car in for another.. I found something I liked but the dealer wouldn't negotiate, so I walked away.. Meantime, I still have my car which isn't that bad..
    I have a 2017 KiA Sportage which is All Wheel Drive with loads of extras..
    Looks like I will be keeping this car for another year till I can find something else.... No rush !!!!
    I only have 40,000kms on it which is 24,000 miles...