Game Chat

Discussion in 'Games & Riddles' started by Louise Williams, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

2. Craig Wilson

Craig Wilson Greeter
    Staff Member Greeter Task Force Registered

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  3. Steve North

Steve North Veteran Member
    Registered

Boy-O-Boy.... you guys sure have your hands full with the sudden influx of a cruise ship full of possible virus people...
    Why don't all of you pack-up and come on over here to Massey where we are all clean and green with NO virus people here at all.....

Kate Ellery and Yvonne Smith like this.
  4. Louise Miller

Louise Miller Well-Known Member
    Registered

Would if i could but i caint! ..steve..
    we only have 2 in our county ! we only had one for the longest time but just recently got this other one, hope and pray there is no more!!
    Nashville and Memphis has a lot.. not sure the count but its high..

5. Craig Wilson

Craig Wilson Greeter
    Staff Member Greeter Task Force Registered

Shirley Martin has not been on here for two days. Hoping all is well y'all.

Far too cold for me Steve.

Sydney has the most cases and deaths in my state Louise. Most fatalities are from cruise ships. What COVID -19 incubators these floating hell ships are proving. I expect cruise companies will take a massive hit over this.. sending some smaller operators to the wall.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2020
  6. Steve North

Registered

Its not that cold now that winter is almost over..
    Plus 5c daytime and down to -16c at night.. That is seasonal and it isn't cold..

7. Steve North

Registered

Something is very wrong with my computer.. It won't go on saying there is a repair to be done and it can't fix it..
    I am using my wife's laptop to post this today..
    Tomorrow I will take my desktop into the shop for repairs..
    I could be gone for a few days, I don't know.. I can always use my wife's laptop..
    I won't abandon you..

8. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Veteran Member
    Registered

My computer was acting wonky Saturday so I did a recovery on it. When I did, I mistakenly clicked on the one to return it to the original settings. :( It went back to factory settings. I lost everything! All my bookmarks, my pictures, my documents, my printer, everything! I've been working since then to get what I can back. I have my email back and some of my bookmarks. I had some of my older pictures stored on Photobucket so I downloaded them. The newer ones are gone forever, I guess. I have some pictures of Louise, Kate and Steve. Craig, I lost all of the pictures of you. Can you send them to me? I can't do FaceinHole of you without them. I did find some pictures that I think will be good for our story.

I have some of the pictures of Bubba posted in Give a Boy a rope. I can download them, thank goodness. The videos I made of him are gone forever. :( There are some of my bird pictures posted in Birds and Blooms thread. I can download them.

I had a backup storage device but I can't get it to work. I thought I would just plug it in and it would open but it doesn't. My DIL is going to take a look at it when she gets time.

One good thing, though, my computer is running much, much faster than it was.

9. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Veteran Member
    Registered

That’s why it’s important to back up your computer from time to time @Shirley Martin I have a external drive to back up my clunky old laptop which I rarely use anyway
    If you want to pay through the nose it is possible to recover most of your files

10. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Veteran Member
    Registered

The one I have is an external drive, I think. I just plug it into the port and it is supposed to back up my computer. I had it plugged in when I did the restore. I think it might have restored that, too. I am not computer smart at all. I hope my DIL can take care of it.

Kate Ellery likes this.
  11. Louise Miller

Registered

Oh gosh Shirley, im so sorry you lost all those precious pictures. i feel so bad,
    I know nothing of what you talked about but im sure only a licensed computer guy could maybe help you .. We use to have a computer guy right here in town and would come to the house and fix anything we needed,,but he had to shut down do to medical problems he was having,
    Anywho, we got this windows 10 computer from a computer shop (buy and sell) .. in Corinth , MIss.. a nice young man sold us this dam windows 10,
    i hate windows 10 !! but we have not had any problems with it, if anything should go wrong its a 45 minute drive to his shop if need be .. at least we do have someone to go to now.
    If you want ..we can still make stories with images from Google Land,, lots of cute cartoon characters on the net... I know its a lot of work for you to do all that stuff too.. what say you? Good idea?

12. Louise Miller

Registered

hey, did Miss Shirley go home? dern!

13. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Veteran Member
    Registered

Anything to make us smile us Aussies have “thick skin” so we can take it if you make us look like a silly character
    wot go ya recon @Craig Swanson

14. Louise Miller

Registered

15. Louise Miller

Registered

You here Miss Shirley??