Game Chat

Discussion in 'Games & Riddles' started by Louise Williams, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Steve North

Steve North Supreme Member
    Registered

No... I didn't buy a ticket nor did I even think about entering the derby..
    Tickets are $2.00 each or 3 for $5.00.. They were buying them by the handful.. There must be about 2000 tickets sold.. imagine the winner ….. Plenty of $$$$$$

2. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

No Shirley. Thanks for asking but we were lucky not to have any damage at our place. We're pretty enclosed here, so it protects us a lot even tho' we have a lot of mature trees,

Shirley Martin likes this.
  3. Steve North

Registered

Happy Holly that ............ wait, happy Holly doesn't sound right... Well, I'm glad Holly (that's better) that you are ok without any major damage......
    There, I said it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Really now.... Happy Holly ................. LOL ................ Oops ...

4. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

:D Happy Holly Daze..... @Holly Saunders , you can use that for a user name if you join a new board. :D

Yvonne Smith and Holly Saunders like this.
  5. Steve North

Registered

As far as joining a new board goes, I just gave up on the "Low Carb Site" forum I was on... Lack of interest, members, support, ideas, encouragement.. I was a member for over 8 years there.. Great then but now only 3 members left.. forum is virtually dead..
    Does anyone know of a low carb forum that I could join ????

6. Holly Saunders

Registered

If anyone will know @Yvonne Smith will... hopefully she'll see this , if not PM her..

7. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

What matrix told me was that he was closing down the forum after the moderator left, and it seemed like most of the people were gone except a group that had left another forum, and mostly chatted among themselves.
    I offered to help out with welcoming people and moderation; but he said that he was taking the forum offline at any time; so I pretty much just stopped going there.
    I have been doing low carb intermittent fasting; so the forum that I belong to now is for IF and OMAD.
    One of the people from the old forum recommended a low carb forum she likes, but it is just way too busy for me. If you are interested in checking it out, here is the link , https://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php? .
    If you are interested in the OMAD (one meal a day) forum, it is omaddiet.com .

8. Steve North

Registered

Thanks Yvonne.…. I checked out the low carb site and I will see if I like it..
    I was with Matrix on the other seniors forum till I was asked to remove a Happy New Year (Shanna Tova) to my Jewish friends from the forum telling me that wasn't accepted on there and remove that nonsense... I left and came here....

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  9. Steve North

Registered

We are totally hunkered down with a humongous snow storm coming tomorrow..
    Here is the environment Canada weather notice concerning the storm..
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Issued at 15:43 Monday 11 February 2019

Winter storm with 30 to 40 cm of snow and blowing snow Tuesday afternoon into Wednesday.

Snow will begin Tuesday afternoon. Easterly winds gusting up to 100 km/h will cause reduced visibilities in blowing snow. Total snowfall amounts of 30 to 40 cm are possible before the snow tapers off Wednesday afternoon. Travel is likely to be affected.

This snow is associated with a Colorado Low that will cross Ontario Tuesday and Wednesday.

###

Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada. To report severe weather, send an email to ONstorm@canada.ca or tweet reports using #ONStorm.

10. Shirley Martin

Registered

I hope y'all are hunkered down with plenty of food and heat, Steve.

My sister and I have been eating low carb recently. I have lost about all the weight I wanted to lose so I am adding a few carbs back to my eating. I am amazed at how easy it is to lose weight by eating low carb.

11. Steve North

Registered

I have been on low carb for years.. I am on maintenance and it has been that way since I lost just over 150 pounds...
    it is simple and best of all, you don't put the weight back...

As far as the storm goes, it hasn't hit yet.. Tons of food in the house and my BBQ is full of propane.. We seldom get a power failure, actually only once for about 2 hours back 10 years ago...

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  12. Steve North

Registered

The storm came and then there was a sort of a lull and it started up again..
    As of now, (7:00am) It seems to be all over, and we got hit pretty bad with about 45cms of the white stuff.. It was very windy as well which made it worse as far as accumulation of snow goes because of the blowing snow.. Visibility was nil for a long time.. Highways were closed as well as most businesses in the village.. NO power failure !!!!
    Now, to have the driveway cleaned will be another thing as the chap that does it is gone for 3 weeks to Florida.. I have someone that is supposed to come by today with his front loader to do the snow removal.....

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  13. Steve North

Registered

HERE WE GO AGAIN........................... AS IF WE DIDN'T GET ENOUGH YESTERDAY..
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Issued at 04:46 Thursday 14 February 2019

Snowfall amounts of 20 to 30 cm possible this afternoon into Friday.

Snow will begin this afternoon and intensify this evening. Total snowfall amounts of 20 to 30 cm are possible before snow tapers off during the day Friday. Locally higher amounts near Georgian Bay are expected. Travel may be affected.

This will be a long duration snow event. Snowfall warning criteria of 30 cm or more in 12 hours or less is not expected to be met at this time.

This snow is associated with an Alberta Clipper tracking across Northeastern Ontario tonight.

###

Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada. To report severe weather, send an email to ONstorm@canada.ca or tweet reports using #ONStorm.

14. Shirley Martin

Registered

15. Holly Saunders

Registered

We had a gorgeous day today..a perfect sunny February day, so as it was Valentines day ( and we don't usually celebrate it) .and I've been poorly, I got treated by my husband to a wonderful day on the cable cars over the River Thames, (300 feet high) and then onto a fabulous river cruise..then lunch ... great day.... Got loads of pics, I'm exhausted after lots of walking too so I'll post them another day,.. nearly bedtime now!!