Funny Anecdotes

Discussion in 'Make Me Laugh' started by Corie Henson, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

When I first traveled by plane, I was so excited for our trip to Hongkong. My husband, who had been to the US and London, said that we should wear something decent. He was in a suit while I was in a semi-formal attire. Before our flight, there was this news about drug couriers and that airport people are strict in checking the passengers.

When we are in the boarding area, a man in suit came to us, eyed me and my husband. I was pretty nervous because what if we were suspected of a crime. The man motioned us to come near to him. And we did only to hear him say that we were upgraded to business class. Whaaat? Of course, I was glad but you can imagine the terror I had gone through.

2. Magalina Lilis

Magalina Lilis Veteran Member
    Registered

Oh, lucky! A free upgrade. I am certain this would never happen to me. I have always travel for comfort whether it is a quick one hour flight or international. I am also noted for missing connective flights. I even showed up one time at the airport on the wrong day. My ticket was booked for the day before.

But I have to admit, when my children were young, I use to dress them in the cutest little matching traveling clothes. They use to get souvenirs from the stewardess's and captains all the time; such as, captain wings. Hmm. Back then they even got to to sit in the cockpit after the plane landed. I know, I have some pictures somewhere. Oh, how times have changed.

Corie Henson likes this.
  3. Corie Henson

Registered

That first plane ride was in 1994 on an airbus with 10 seats in a row, quite a big plane. The food was great unlike now and it was served on a plate with real spoon and fork and a knife unlike now that the food go with plastic spoon and fork. And guess what, we brought home the silverware, hahahaaa. That's a good souvenir, a lasting one.

The Kai Tak airport was a busy one, so crowded. But fortunately we didn't have a hard time in seeing Polly, the tour guide assigned to us. It's a good thing that she speaks good English, at least we can communicate with ease. Inside the van, on the way to the hotel, I would speak to my husband in Filipino and he would always tell me to speak in English. And so I said to my husband, "ang kulit mo" to mean "you are so persistent." That's when I saw Polly laughing. I was embarrassed when she said she knows the Filipino language. Huh, what? It was really embarrassing for me because when we were about to board the van, I said to my husband in Filipino that the tour guide is fat. Hahahaaa.

4. Magalina Lilis

Registered

Tsk Tsk you took the silverware? lol Was it even silver? lol Anyways, I do recall having real utensils. I like an airbus better then a small plane. It is more comforting to me to have ten seat compared to three seats across. On the smaller planes, it feels like every little bump is amplified.

No surprise Kai Tak airport was busy, nor that they have new terminals. Here is a picture in honor of your first airplane ride. Its a picture of a new terminal. :)

[​IMG]

Oh, lesson learned for you assuming others do not speak Filipino. Good thing your tour guide, Polly had a good sense of humor. I hope you gave her a good tip! Anyways, it is fantastic to know two languages!

Corie Henson likes this.
  5. Corie Henson

Registered

Gee, @Magalina Lilis, thanks very much for the photo. Certainly, we gave Polly a tip, a big tip.

This anecdote happened in the first bank that I worked for. A bank has a clearing section that handles the cheques at night. Their usual duty starts at 8pm and ends at dawn. There was this guy named Ric who is the supervisor of the clearing section. In times that they have failed to balance the totals of the cheques, it is a problem since they have to manually count the checks again and verify the amounts therein.

While in the process of reviewing the cheques, the phone rang. With his temper, Ric rudely answered the phone.
    RIC: Hey, don't you know it's already late at night?
    CALLER: Huh, sorry but I just want to ask something.
    RIC: I said it is already midnight. Don't you understand Filipino?
    CALLER: Huh, sorry, really, I just want to know if the cheques are balanced already.
    RIC: Huh, and who is this?
    CALLER: This is Art. (he is the vice president of the bank)
    RIC: Do you know me?
    CALLER: No. And who are you?
    RIC: That's good, you don't know me.

Magalina Lilis likes this.
  6. Magalina Lilis

Registered

How funny! Ric was lucky and a quick thinker. I bet, he was more careful with his phone etiquette. Got to say, this is a fun, upbeat thread. I am quite enjoying myself with your humor.

I am trying to think of a good antidote to share. Hmm. Not too much is coming to my mind right now, but I did not find a funny cartoon about banks and getting a loan.

[​IMG]

Corie Henson likes this.
  7. Corie Henson

Registered

Here is another anecdote from that first bank. This time it is the comic employee whose name is Dax. He is actually our messenger who is trying his best to be a funny man. He always joke with everyone, not even realizing if that person is worthy of his joke.

But anyway, it was one time in the office toilet with cubicles. Dax came in to wash his hands and heard a plopping sound in one of the cubicle. And then he smelled the odor of you know what. His impulse was to joke with the guy in the cubicle so he said in a loud voice how he described not only the odor that was pervading the atmosphere but also the texture of what's coming out from the bottom of that guy in the cubicle. Dax got so engrossed that he was surprised to see the guy coming out of the cubicle who said to him - Sorry about that, I have this diarrhea, you know. That was the vice president, huh.

8. Magalina Lilis

Registered

Oh my goodness, you mean the restroom location was in a cubicle and not a closed room? It appears Dax felt a bit foolish! Did he keep his job for long. let alone continue with his raunchy jokes? It had to be an awkward situation, to the least!

Corie Henson likes this.