Fun With Hyphens!

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Brittany Houser, Apr 18, 2015.

1. Brittany Houser

Brittany Houser Veteran Member
    Registered

Hey guys, I thought it would be fun to hyphenate ourselves. You know, list ALL your ethnicities, joined together by hyphens. I'll go first:
    I am a Scottish Irish German Native American - American! LOL

Anyone else?

2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

As far as I am aware, simply Swedish-American. My parents were from Sweden and, while I suppose it's entirely possible that somewhere along the line, one of my ancestors moved to Sweden from somewhere else, I am not aware of it.

3. Allie Seay

Allie Seay Veteran Member
    Registered

Scots Irish Dutch and a drop of native American-American, with more Irish in the blood than anything. I got the Irish twice as in Scots Irish and Dutch Irish. The native American is on my Dutch Irish side as my great great grandmother was a full blooded Cherokee. It is also possible that somewhere along the lines there is something else, but what I've said is what I've always been told and all I know.

4. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

As far back as I can discover I'm English-American.

5. Mal Campbell

Mal Campbell Supreme Member
    Registered

Well, with a maiden name of Campbell, the Scots is obvious. As far as I can tell, I'm: Scots-Irish-Welsh-English-American. My father's people came from Appalachia, so it's quite possible that there's Native American in there somewhere. My mother's people are from Tidewater Virginia, so they're probably straight up English/Welsh.

Now, if I include my heritage by marriage, I'd have to add: French Canadian-Cherokee-Scots-Irish.

By temperament - definitely Scottish, on so many levels!! :D

6. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

Ok, I am American Indian and German. My mother was raised on and off of a reservation in upper Oregon, and my father came from upper Alabama.

My father called me a Square Headed Blanket Ass Indian. Oh well, so much for being proud of your heritage.
    :):p

Brittany Houser and Von Jones like this.
  7. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

Okay, let me join this thread just for fun. I'm sure you've read the word Fil-Am to mean Filipino-American, that's half Filipino and half American. How about Fil-Jap? Obviously a half Filipino and half Japanese. And there are the Fil-Chin also called Chinoys who are half Filipino and half Chinese. And althoug just a few of them but we have the Fil-Can for half-Filipino and half-Canadian.

Lastly, we also have the Fil-Fil... hmm, it's hard to guess? It means half Filipino and half Filipina. Huh, that's a joke to mean gay. Hahahaaa.

Brittany Houser likes this.
  8. Carlota Clemens

Carlota Clemens Veteran Member
    Registered

Well, let's keep hyphenating, and let me tell you that I am a Greek-Italian-Spaniard-Mexican native who loves the AmerIcan-British culture but also has a crush for the German culture, as I think to have said in another thread ;)

Krissttina Isobe likes this.
  9. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

I am English-American- Southern- Redneck-Hillbilly-Earthling.

Krissttina Isobe likes this.
  10. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

:oops:LOL! I'm Japanese-American. Love Jazz-rock music. Can't eat pastries-cakes now days. Hadn't realized no free wi-fi at all.:confused: Loves kakimochi-snebei, salty-sweet rice crackers. :p