Fun In Flight, Sort Of

Discussion in 'Hobbies & Crafts' started by Ed Marsh, Feb 2, 2023.

1. Ed Marsh

Ed Marsh Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Good evening to all-

I have been flying my drones for some time, and I really enjoy that kind of flying a lot, but...

Here lately I have been doing a lot of radio controlled small airplane flying, and I have to admit, this activity has taken hold of me. I'm now at the point that I can take off from pavement, fly the plane, do basic aeronautic things- loops, rolls, and so on- and then sometimes depending on wind direction and strength come back in for a safe landing on the pavement.

Lots of fun, and thanks to where I live- out in the country- I can walk the 1/4 mile down to a thirty acre open hay field for my flying several times a day.

I guess again that this is a simple pleasure for a simple mind...

you all be safe and keep well- Ed

2. John West

John West Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Hi Ed,

I have to say I really enjoy flying my two drones; however, it think of them more as flying cameras., They're packed in the motorcycle and used for taking videos and pictures when something interesting or picturesque is encountered. Fall is the most fun flying and looking for colorful images. Below is one example.

[​IMG]

Also fun are making videos of aerial explorations, such as the one at https://youtu.be/4wzv6eoLqYU.

The drone makes for a good 'periscope' where you can get above structures, trees and terrain for a good look around for interesting things. If you enjoy your drones as much as I enjoy mine, you're doing very well indeed.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2023