Frustrated With Handyman

Discussion in 'Home Improvement' started by Ken Anderson, Feb 9, 2016.

1. Gary Ridenour

Gary Ridenour Veteran Member
    Registered

im not a handy man anymore cause of my back, knee problems. so wife and i sold the farm and moved to a community where they do it all. inside and out. and glad of it. i was farming out lawn, snow removal and other projects i could not do anymore.

2. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

If they call you , @Chrissy Page ; please give them my phone number to call next, and tell them Alabama is just on the eastern side of California, okay ?

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  3. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

Yay! They are almost done. They are done with the insulation work, and have nearly covered all the holes that they had drilled in the walls. Most of them have left already, I think. Someone will remain today to clean up, as I am told they clean the place to the point where you wouldn't know they were there, except for putting all the stuff away again that had to be pulled out for the insulation work. Although I hated it, our house will be well insulated and we were forced to go through a bunch of stuff that we would probably never have gotten around to doing, parting with a lot of it at the same time. I know I've made three trips to the transfer station and a neighbor took a pickup load of trash for us last week. Now we just have another crew that will be coming in to do the crawl space and foundation work, but I don't think that will be more than one day's work and it won't involve the living space.

4. Ken Anderson

Finally, a reprieve. If there is any justice in the world, I'll be in surgery when the next group comes in to do the crawlspace, so that my wife will have to deal with it. Right now, everything is an awful mess in here, as we still haven't put everything back yet. After fighting with the shelf yesterday, I'm so sore I'd like to stay in bed all day.

Bobby Cole and Chrissy Cross like this.
  5. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Go to bed and take your kindle with you. :)

6. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

The surprising thing here Ken is that with your insistence upon having even numbers you didn't make the guys do the job twice and have 2 shelves to put up so you could be twice as sore. Will you be having two surgerys just to make up for past indiscretions revolving around your ocd?

Ken Anderson and Chrissy Cross like this.
  7. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

How's that new insulation working out for your wife and you? :)

8. Ken Anderson

It's hard to tell because the weather has warmed up considerably, so it's hard to tell how much of it has to do with the insulation. We've turned the thermostats way down, though.

Yvonne Smith and Babs Hunt like this.
  9. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Well turning "down" the thermostats is a good start on proof that the new insulation is working just fine! :)