Fruit Galette, Mixed Summer Fruits

Discussion in 'Food & Drinks' started by Diane Lane, Jun 16, 2016.

1. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

I made this yesterday. I used chopped strawberries and whole blueberries, and also added some mandarin oranges. If I make it again, I will probably double the flour, though, because the filling didn't thicken up enough to my liking, although it still tasted delicious. I'd pre-cook the empty crust for about 10 minutes, then fill and cook it for the recommended 12-14 minutes low in the oven, so the crust doesn't brown too much. http://allrecipes.com/recipe/143097/summer-fruit-galettes/?lnkid=usstwt

2. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

This is the first time I've encountered that term galette. The pic looks like a version of pizza that my sister-in-law used to make. But I think I would enjoy that galette of yours because I love strawberries and other fruits for that matter. As I had posted in another thread, I relished the sliced peaches in the hotel's buffet breakfast. And back to that galette, the recipe said that you can add some other fruits so maybe it's good to make some experiments to achieve the best combination of fruits.

Diane Lane likes this.
  3. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

Yes, I would leave out the mandarin oranges next time, although I think adding in some raspberries would be nice combination with strawberries and blueberries. The blueberries I picked up the other day are nice and plump and juicy. Sometimes they're smaller and less sweet, but I got a nice batch this time.