Frontier

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Ken Anderson, Jan 22, 2017.

1. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Frontier is a Netflix original series that takes place in the late 1700s, in sparsely settled North America, where there are only the Native Indians, fur traders, and British soldiers.

The main characters appear to a young man who came to North America as a stowaway aboard a British ship. He is coerced into agreeing to act as a spy for Lord Benton, who seems to be the governor, or some similar position. He is asked to infiltrate the camp of a man who is part Irish and part Indian, who has been carrying on a guerrilla-type campaign against the British.

Thus far, I have just started the second episode so I don’t know a lot about it yet. The series is dark, and I don’t know yet whether there is a real protagonist, as there doesn’t seem to be anyone in particular to root for.

2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I don't mind dark and it sounded good til you mentioned espionage....

3. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I haven't gotten caught up in it yet, and I'm on the third episode. It's well done but, so far, I'm having trouble caring about any of the characters. I guess, probably the stowaway is supposed to be the protagonist, or maybe the guerrilla leader in the woods, but they are all highly flawed, as characters. I guess the guy who plays the guerrilla leader played a similar part in Game of Thrones but I've never watched Game of Thrones. When I say guerrilla leader, I don't mean like in a war. There's no real war going on, although people are being killed from time to time. It's all about greed, as they position themselves in the fur trade. Since there's little in the way of law, it gets violent.

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  4. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Maybe the stowaway will turnout to be an animal rights advocate.:eek::rolleyes:

Von Jones likes this.
  5. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

If there's no war, then I may add it to my list. I haven't seen "Game of Thrones" either....couldn't get into it although I really didn't try.

6. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

I'm an avid fan of Game of Thrones and have been following some of the cast as they move on beyond GOT. I saw the Frontier on Netflix and plan to check it out.

Just watched the first episode, not my type of movie.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2017