From The Mundane To The Apocalyptic

Discussion in 'Conspiracies & Paranormal' started by Dwight Ward, Sep 4, 2021.

1. Dwight Ward

Dwight Ward Veteran Member
    Registered

Just a observation here. It strikes me sometimes how on SO forums we switch from talking about the most ordinary, everyday things to discussing what might be the end of the world as we know it. I do that anyway. By any measure that should be a jarring transition, yet to me it isn't.

How could it be otherwise, though? We are having to live our normal lives while witnessing the slow burn of the book of Revelation. The Chinese curse occurs to me. May you live in interesting times.

I'd like to hear others' thoughts on this.

Marie Mallery and Don Alaska like this.
  2. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I pretty much agree, @Dwight Ward, but have little to add.

Marie Mallery likes this.
  3. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

I think it is very mysterious. and I study Bible with daughter on phone and my notes from last 50 years of study but my memory isn't what it use to be hope its stress aand not early senility.
    I think wecould be the last empire spoken of in Revelation with the fatal head wound from the 7th [ not sure or preaching though] Europe being the beast and America rising up from it. But I'm not sure of that either.

4. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I have to catch myself because the destruction of First World Nations appears to be unfolding before our very eyes and I can't stop talking about it, but I can't do anything to stop it. Sure I'll gravitate to the familiar and the mundane so as to get myself recentered. I imagine soldiers in foxholes may have talked about their favorite ice cream in between shellings. It may be a self-soothing distraction, or it may be a way of reminding ourselves of what's real...of those things that truly matter and that cannot be stolen from us. I think those who are so empty inside that they must lord over others would have no idea what we mean by such a statement.

In another thread, @Don Alaska observed
    It occurred to me that forced isolation has driven many conversations online as well, for much the same reason. I imagine The Party Loyalists and The Wolverines have been further identified...we got 14 robots on this small site right now (I am not saying we are being spied on, as those robots gather data throughout the internet to support web searches, but gathering data is their purpose.) Perhaps Facebook and all the other behemoths didn't think things through when they banned "unacceptable speech." They prevented Their Enemy from self-identifying. A strategic error, I believe, born out of fear of Truth.

It's interesting that The Loyalists are generally aggregated in densely populated areas, while The Wolverines are generally scattered throughout this vast nation, making us a more diffused target. To wit, here is a county-level electoral map from the 2016 election (the last honest one):

[​IMG]
    (I should make this my Screen Saver. This is truly America.)​

That's one reason I won't leave my left-lurching state of Virginia. I'll try to not cede ground, and I won't help aggregate us into more concentrated regions...they're gonna have to work to find us all.

What a hell of a way to think while living in the United States of America, huh?

Pistachio ice cream.jpg

Last edited: Sep 4, 2021
  5. Hoot Crawford

Hoot Crawford Veteran Member
    Registered

End times? I don't think so, and I suspect that folks have always felt they were living in the end times. Bubonic plague? Atomic bombs? All seen as evidence of the end times at the time. In the mean time, all we know is that we don't know. God's watch is profoundly different than ours.

Certainly the world and America are changing, in that urbanization creates liberalism. If you are on a farm in BF Idaho (no disrespect to the great state of Idaho), being self-sufficient and accountable are key to survival, and you are a conservative. If you live on the third floor of your urban condo, cooperation and joint efforts are key to survival and you are a liberal. Urbanization will only increase, and we will become more European like in terms of social programs, etc.

Marie Mallery and Ed Wilson like this.
  6. Dwight Ward

Dwight Ward Veteran Member
    Registered

I think things are worse than you paint them, Hoot, but I'm glad we can disagree civilly here. Simply put, I think there is a malevolence at work today. Whether it's satan or just morally deficient people behind it, I don't know.

Good to see you anyways at this early hour. What time zone are you in?

7. Hoot Crawford

Hoot Crawford Veteran Member
    Registered

lol - I'm in Florida, Eastern time. After that post I went back to sleep, and just got up again @ 9 am. ;)

8. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

The media puts the horrible events in the world before us every day. They tell us flooding and wild fires are because of climate change when it is because of improper handling of natural resources. There have always been floods (see Noah), fires (see San Francisco), earthquakes and wars.
    They have been trying to get us to get yearly flu shots for years. They were FREE! It didn't work. People have died every year from flu. But not a lot. Not proportionately a lot from covid either. Hmmmm, Lots of people get it. Not a lot of people die. Can you say natural immunity? (But that makes no one money)
    I have more trouble with what is NOT 'out there'. That the FED is definitely stealing everything from us by devaluing our money via inflation/deflation. How will we pay the taxes on our property if we have less and less purchasing power.
    China is entrenched here. India is entrenched . Most countries have skin in the game. Might keep us a little safe.

9. Marie Mallery

Registered

This too is true but I'm not sure duing the previous times all things in the prophccy were realized so I'll think on it and get back to you later on this one.I will say there sre reacent occurences that has never happend before ,like the 7th and now 8th empire out of Europe just to mention one.
    Oceans and waters are becoming toxic and wildlife is disappearing all over the earth plus China is more powerful.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2021
    Dwight Ward and Hoot Crawford like this.
  10. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

You relate the changing of America in a most understandable, sensible way. Almost takes the fight out of it. I have quoted you to some 'real' people:cool:

Hoot Crawford likes this.
  11. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

Happily, one of the two chunks of red in Maine is where I live, except that I'm having trouble believing that the area north of us is blue, as that is traditionally red except for a small area around Fort Kent and Presque Isle, which have colleges that change the demographic.

John Brunner and Marie Mallery like this.
  12. Marie Mallery

Registered

Universities are famous for indoctrination students. Poor kids are exposed to these lunatics all day long.

John Brunner and Ken Anderson like this.
  13. Marie Mallery

Registered

Not all professors are lunatics of course just most of them. Some just go along to get along and can't blame them either since we parents don't watch where we send out kids. So its just the way it is now.

John Brunner likes this.
  14. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

I guess all that the map says is whether they voted for Trump or for Hillary. Might have been a case of Trump-phobia in 2016, or The Shills for Hills were out in force.

I look at the county-level population data for my state and see that 50% of the population lives in 5% of the area. I'm certain that others are the same. It's frightening, because we all know how crowded areas affect one's political leanings (Independence and Freedom are antithetical to Safety when you exceed a given density.)

Marie Mallery likes this.
  15. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

This one looks a bit more like what I would expect for Maine. I'm in the central strong-red area, and Aroostook County, to the north, would be strong red if not for the two colleges.

Maine_Presidential_Election_Results_2020.svg.png

Marie Mallery and John Brunner like this.