From A Wide Spot In The Road

Discussion in 'Personal Diaries' started by Bill Boggs, Mar 25, 2019.

1. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

Maybe not funny right at the time, but afterwards, as long as everything turns out all right.

I always try to find humor in situations where I do silly things. It changes a bad memory into a good one sometimes.

Bill Boggs likes this.
  2. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

I’m sipping a cup of hot tea, black tea from a tea bag, purchased at Sprouts, sweetened
    with some good raw honey, and I realize I have not been outside the house in several weeks.
    My, my, the sun is shining and it is, I think, about fifty-five degrees outside. I should go out
    sometime this afternoon and feel the breeze on my arms and hair? After lunch I may do that.

For lunch we’re having Taco Soup? I like to add a few Fritos and soften them so I can chew them.
    Fritos add a layer of taste that makes it just right.

Shirley Martin likes this.
  3. Bill Boggs

Registered

The Taco soup was good. The good woman I live with added a small handful of Fritos
    on the bottom of the bowl then poured the soup over thos. I am full and contented and
    instead of going out fora while, it seems like a better idea if I slip into t[he bedroom
    and get a short nap. So, if I'm not needed for a bit I'll see you all later.

4. Jeff Elohim

Jeff Elohim Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I was 'lost' without a light in a wilderness forested mountaintop about midnight, pitchblack, no moon out (but the stars provided a little light), west of denver in the Rockies.....

Never did find my way out....

:)

Bill Boggs likes this.
  5. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

6. Bill Boggs

Registered

You still there?

7. Jeff Elohim

Jeff Elohim Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

:thumbsup: .... :)

I hope to find my way home soon....

Bill Boggs likes this.
  8. Bill Boggs

Registered

I read western novels, not exclusively, but I've been reading westerns a long time. The other day
    I read the western I would have written had I been a writer. A gunfighter turned preacher. so many
    possibilities, so many stories could be gleaned, and so much fun. somebody finally wrote a good
    one. I may read it again.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2020
  9. Shirley Martin

Registered

I think it's the people and the plot that count, not the setting. I once read a western romance that was as good a book as I ever read. Not one of those trashy romances where they fall into bed but one with a good story behind it. Well, maybe it was a little bit trashy at the end but not much. :D

Bill Boggs likes this.
  10. Bill Boggs

Registered

A little romance will generally make most stories better, particularly westerns.

Shirley Martin likes this.
  11. Shirley Martin

Registered

Especially westerns. :)

Bill Boggs likes this.
  12. Bill Boggs

Registered

13. Bill Boggs

Registered

Friday afternoon wife fell half in and half out of the garage. She called to me for, she thought, about
    thirty minutes. I heard what sounded like a girl calling out but thought it was something on tv. Finally
    got up to see what my wife was watching. She wasn’t. I hard her crying in. the garage. She couldn’t
    giet up but had crawled and walked on her knees to my walker, couldn’t pull her self up. She was
    caught on the walker. Some how the walker frame had been pulled over her left leg, her clothes
    caught on the right side of the walker causing her weight to to be resting on her leg and her artificial
    right knee.

I could not pick her nor ease her pain, I hurt her more trying to gut her up. By then I was so short
    of breath I could not move. She suggest I go for our neighbor for help. As soon as I could move
    went for my portable oxygen but was too short of breath. I tried to call my neighbor but couldn’t
    find his number. I called my son and went back out and triedto take some pressure off my wife’s
    leg and knee. She was hurt and hurting all this time. My son arrived picked her up. got her in the
    house, bandaged her hand, checked for other injuries again and took care of things.

Meanwhile I sat in the garage in a wheelchair unable yet to move. It was a nightmare. I thought
    I could do more than I can. My son brought in dinner. Later in the evening I helped her to the
    bathroom and to bed. This morning I used a desk chair to move about today. She's much
    better but has trouble walking. Together we made breakfast. I feel so bad because I was/am
    useless in an emergency. She is dozing now in front of the TV in her chair. I sit nearby in case
    she needs anything

Beth Gallagher and Yvonne Smith like this.
  14. Bill Boggs

Registered

We have been warned of possible power outages to night. I dread it, especially tonight.

15. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Good heavens, Bill. That was quite an anxious time for the 2 of you and I'm glad it turned out OK. Maybe you need to start carrying a cellphone around with you in your pocket at all times. Hope you both are better today.

Yvonne Smith likes this.