From A Wide Spot In The Road

Discussion in 'Personal Diaries' started by Bill Boggs, Mar 25, 2019.

1. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

I think you have a good idea Bill. Hope your son finds somebody you both like. You may make a new friend.

Bess Barber likes this.
  2. Monica Rich

Monica Rich Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Should you change your mind and decide to get rid of it all anyway maybe take it to whoever recycles it. Best Buy might. they take many other items. Or you could also donate it to charity or advertise online seeking collectors and other photography buffs who still want and use authentic cameras etc. Pawn shops and second hand stores are also great places to find hard to find quality items like you own. Please don't just throw it away. There is always someone out there who will love and appreciate it! The challenge is finding them.

3. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

@Bill Boggs Well, here I am feeling like a bad friend. I didn't realize you had only 16 pages and your rival Nancy is at 77. Please accept my humble apologies for my oversight. Listen, Bill I love your diary here and promise to try and be a better friend. I will try to read more of your stories. When it comes to photography my knowledge is weak. I regret all the years my only photos were taken with a cheap camera and I was so tight-fisted buying film and always bought that Fuji film that has faded so bad most of the few photos I have can't be saved. I should have paid more for a good film, but that is hindsight. Most of the good photos from my childhood and younger days were destroyed when the place I had them stored flooded and they got thrown out. Others were lost in a fire.

I have a Canon Rebel with all kinds of lenses, but never really learned much about using it. I have some photos from a few years back that I took and I post them on my Facebook. I am there under Faetta Fox. I like posting them there because I have control of removing them and also who sees them. The sad thing is, I almost always use the camera on my cell. It takes such great photos. Some of my favorite photos were taken by it on some of our all-girl road trips that seem to always be spontaneous, so no time for going home and getting out the Canon and accessories.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2020
    Bess Barber and Bill Boggs like this.
  4. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

Taking time off to watch the game tonight.

Bess Barber and Beth Gallagher like this.
  5. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

What game could be more exciting than SOC kick boxing? :D:D:D

Bess Barber likes this.
  6. Bill Boggs

Registered

Ugh. I don’t know.

Faye Fox likes this.
  7. Bill Boggs

Registered

I called Triple A this morning to send somebody to jump start my car which wouldn’t start. They couldn’t start it, so waiting on a tow truck to haul the car to the shop. I haven’t driven the car in almost six weeks so guess that’s the reason the battery went dead.

I’m finally over my light headedness and my stomach problems so all I have to deal with is my COPD.

My son has been buying groceries for us and doing all of our running around. Guess we’ve been Using up all his spare time he doesn’t have much of. Guess we all do the best we can.

8. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Sure glad you have the light-headed and stomach issues behind you. If you have to leave your car sitting for more than a week, have your son drive it to go shopping. When I was in bed for 3 years with vertigo and such, I had a friend drive my car to do my shopping once a week. A little over 400 miles in 3 years. Stay well!

9. Bill Boggs

Registered

The tow truck came. He photoed my drivers license, took my keys, and came back in a moment and aked if the other guy had tried to start the car. I told him he did but said I needed a tow truck. He said, “I jumped the car, it started right up and the alternator is kicking out 14 volts just like it’s supposed to. In about an hour I drove to
    Dollar General and picked up a container of half & half. Problem may not be solved but it is better than it was.
    I’ll take it in when I get to feeling like it and have the battery checked.

10. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

Good news, @Bill Boggs. Sounds a little suspicious, but I try not to be suspicious. It makes life more enjoyable. ;)

Bess Barber and Bill Boggs like this.
  11. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

I'm glad you're feeling better, Bill.

Bill Boggs likes this.
  12. Bill Boggs

Registered

Two different employees of the same company. I haven't been able to get out and drive the car like it needs to be driven.
    My son has been buying groceries for us, running errands. Things will work themselves out. My energy level has been
    nil. Hoping to be back on my feet shortly.

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  13. Bill Boggs

Registered

I hear fifty million was spent by candidates in the Iowa Caucus.
    What did they get for the efforts? Fifty million worth of chaos. It
    really is an embarrasment.

14. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

I hope that 50 million wasn't spent on chinese t-shirts and banners. I think we should require ALL political candidates to buy American-made campaign junk. :D

Bill Boggs and Bess Barber like this.
  15. Bill Boggs

Registered

Mostly on travel and paid employees.

Beth Gallagher likes this.