Freedom: How Does It Work?

Discussion in 'Evolution of Language' started by Avigail David, Jul 2, 2015.

1. Avigail David

Avigail David Veteran Member
    Registered

Mornings are oodles of news-time before me. New day. New news of old debates and old debatable information. It's just another day of new concepts-- every day. Star Treck homosexual actor and star reveals, in his own "unalienable Rights" of freedom terms what "dignity" means.
    FB_IMG_1435884585525.jpg

Of course, in our individual right of mind, God gives us that right to free will. Not because people in position say so, or because the media informs us about, in their own term, how to get "freedom."

Will McAvoy says that Canada has freedom. Seriously? They claim to be. But Canada is never near freedom. You see, pastors have been banned from free speech for speaking from the pulpit? The right to "spontaneously protest and peaceably assemble has literally been banned in provinces like Quebec. Fundamental rights to uphold and express views on male-and-female marriage has been "discriminatory" and "hateful"-- put in jail if you will.

Freedom. How does it work?

Last edited: Jul 2, 2015
  2. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

The people who think they have freedom have been brain washed. Try selling something without a license or paying taxes. Working and making money without paying taxes. There is millions of laws all so called for your protection that impede on your freedoms. Just when you think you have freedom just google American or Canadian of Japanese descent in 1942

Jennifer Graves likes this.
  3. Hannah Davis

Hannah Davis Veteran Member
    Registered

No, I know for fact we don't have free speech. Not even in the United States. Unfortunately that caption that the OP put up is quite true. These days especially it seems that individuals can't voice an opinion on something because people will blow their opinion out of proportion. They could be painted as being racist or being hateful, I don't know if this is always the case or if its just people over analyzing things. With Social Media and even the News Media around freedom of speech has really become a thing of the past. For that matter being able to put our past mistakes behind us is a thing of the past as well. Because now people dig the up start talking about it and thanks to soicial media and the news media yet again people make it see like the whole thing happen yesterdy not years or even decades ago.

Avigail David and Martin Alonzo like this.
  4. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

They just pass a law saying that if you lie to a official it is a felony but if an official lies to you it seems to be OK and If a politician lies to you it is not only excepted but expected.

5. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

All of these post are valid, and of course they only mention a fraction of a fraction of the ways our government limits our rights of freedom. Do public schools even teach the constitution anymore?

My family is made up of so many different nationalities that we are a true American family. I am American Indian and German, my husband was Itallian and English, and we adopted a Black and Asian boy from the Virgin Islands. So I think I feel as many others do about what to call myself, and I end up with American Caucasian.

One thing that bothers me is the tearing down of anything Caucasian. We have Black and Mexican only beauty pageants, but Caucasians can not. We now have many holidays and even whole months dedicated to single ethnic groups. WHY? What happened to just being good old Americans?

6. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Those who make the most noise about civil rights are the same people who spend their lives dividing people.

We have the NAACP, which people of all races contribute to, and which no one is allowed to criticize without being labeled a racist, yet what would people think about a National Association for the Advancement of White People? Churches and colleges throughout the South proudly proclaim that they are a historically black church or a historically black college, yet what would anyone think about a church or college heralding itself as a historically white church or a historically white college?

Shouldn't equality involve getting rid of these labels?

7. Jennifer Graves

Jennifer Graves Veteran Member
    Registered

When we get too old to believe in Santa, they give us "freedom" to fill that void. The only problem is Santa is harder to disprove.

Martin Alonzo likes this.