Frank Sinatra's 100th Birthday

Discussion in 'Music' started by Terry Page, Dec 12, 2015.

1. Terry Page

Terry Page Supreme Member
    Registered

Today 12th December 2015, Frank Sinatra would have been 100 years old, what part in your life did his music play if any?

Here are a few facts from the papers Mail and Today

Frank-Sinatra4-web.jpg

"My Way" a popular one of his but he evidently disliked it

Carlota Clemens likes this.
  2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

None, by the time I became a teenager he wasn't popular, at least not with the younger crowd. I have heard a few of his songs but just never cared for his type of singing or him for that matter. There was nothing about him that I liked. I don't think he was sexy, handsome, good singer or good actor. I'm sure many disagree with me but this is just my opinion.

Brittany Houser likes this.
  3. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

I'm the same as Chrissy....I was never very keen on FS..or his music...although funnily enough as I got older I did get to like Sammy and Deans' music even though they were my parents age.

However ...today is also my baby sisters' birthday...12th December 1962...I can hardly believe the baby is now in her 50's... I raised her from the age of 10 until I left to get married ...

Last edited: Dec 12, 2015
    Chrissy Cross likes this.
  4. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

My second to youngest sister was born Oct.12, 1961.

Happy Birthday to your sister, Holly.

Holly Saunders likes this.
  5. Lara Moss

Lara Moss Supreme Member
    Registered

When I was young I would listen to my parents play his music and I loved all of his songs, lyrics, his warm smooth voice, and his classy delivery. Now that I'm older I appreciate him more, not his personal life but his professional one, his music. Some of his music is very romantic and easy to listen to.

Here is one, "The Way You Look Tonight" where the lyrics are what every woman wants to hear from her man and would make any woman melt. It's also a wonderful song for a wedding. I imagine dressing up and going out for dinner and dancing and forgetting about the rest of the world.

Michael Bublé somewhat comes close but there's nothing like the real thing. The songs are classic.

Terry Page likes this.
  6. Pat Baker

Pat Baker Supreme Member
    Registered

I like big band music and Frankie was part of that time. I like some on his songs but not all of them.

7. Lara Moss

Lara Moss Supreme Member
    Registered

10 hrs ago, Brian Wilson (Beach Boys) posted this tribute to Sinatra and the photo below:

"Happy 100th Birthday to Frank Sinatra. I always admired Frank for his big personality and his swagger. I think the records he made at Capitol in the 1950s with (arranger) Nelson Riddle are some of the best records ever made - they can’t be beat." – Brian

12347718_10153780681487241_7092629878828173571_n.jpg

Terry Page likes this.
  8. Ken N Louis

Ken N Louis Veteran Member
    Registered

Take a tour of his home... 001.gif

Lara Moss likes this.
  9. Carlota Clemens

Carlota Clemens Veteran Member
    Registered

My mom turned 85 yesterday and I wasn't online to comment about Frank Sinatra, to whom I remember in childhood through the movies my dad liked to watch. He was his favorite male singer, and Doris Days her favorite female one.

However and musically speaking, I remember having heard Nancy Sinatra first, and Frank was only popular to me on the radio by the time he recorded "New York, New York"

10. Brittany Houser

Brittany Houser Veteran Member
    Registered

I was a little too young when Frank was all the rage. I did have a friend in High School who absolutely idolized him, and would play his music all the time. I always felt like that whole Rat Pack gang was kinda weasly and dishonest, like they had more fame than talent. That may not be a fair assumption, just my opinion.

Chrissy Cross likes this.