Forum Relationships, Truly Having Online Friends & The Opposite?

Discussion in 'Family & Relationships' started by Denise Evans, Mar 24, 2016.

1. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Ruby Begonia : For some unexplainable reason, I share, as well as embrace, your opinion here!
    Frank

2. Linda Binning

Linda Binning Veteran Member
    Registered

Yes, that is so true. Remember the man who moved to a new town and asked a wise old man what the people were like in that town and he said "What were the people like where you just moved from?" and the guy said "They were horrible, thiefs, gossipers, trouble makers, etc. and the wise old man said "Yes, that's what they are like here too."

3. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

This is so true,...sometimes.... but there's always one bad apple that spoils the whole darn barrel....

4. Terry Page

Terry Page Supreme Member
    Registered

Only if you let it though Holly...;)

5. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Me?....I always rise to the top...the rotten ones are always scraping the bottom of the barrel terry... ;):D

6. Terry Page

Terry Page Supreme Member
    Registered

Well at least they are making cider for me Holly, all I need is a long straw to suck it up :D:D:D

[​IMG]

Denise Evans and Holly Saunders like this.
  7. Mari North

Mari North Veteran Member
    Registered

Ah! The voice of reason! I thought for the longest time that the PC craze was going to blow over when everyone saw how foolishly ridiculous it was... but it didn't blow over and just got worse. I don't even pay attention to it any longer... it's pathetic.

Of course there *are* a few terms that are terribly offensive and I'd never use them... I'm talking about the stupid "little" things that rile people up when there are so many better things they need to focus on.

There are two people who get more of a kick out of it than I do... my dear "80 something" Filipino neighbor couple. When they give me freshly made spring rolls, they say (eyes twinkling) "these are from your partially handicapped Oriental neighbors." I guess the PC "physically challenged Asians" is what's offensive to them.

Humans can be strange creatures, eh, @Ruby Begonia ?

8. Lara Moss

Lara Moss Supreme Member
    Registered

Here are 3 examples, 2 of which are Orientals calling themselves Oriental.

Unknown-1.jpeg images.jpeg images-1.jpeg

9. Linda Binning

Registered

Ye think? :)

10. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

I so agree Terry, stereotyping would rob me of the wonderful people I've met as well;)

Terry Page and Ina I. Wonder like this.
  11. Denise Evans

Registered

LOL, so true, people are human-beings and I'm of the mind that all people have the ability, and sometimes relish using that ability to be every one of those "ways", and more unspeakable ones. And more!!

Terry Page likes this.
  12. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

I once tried to post something about a chink in a brick chimney and it was rejected by the censor.

13. Linda Binning

Registered

I also hate the PC craze like others said here, except for the really nasty stuff which we all know the words I'm referring too. Even though I don't see anything wrong with referring to an Asian as Oriental I'm going to try and remember to say Asian. I think it's something new and the 3 examples Lara put up are from the past. I honestly get sick of words changing from OK to not OK. One lady on the other forum got mad at me because I commented that African American wasn't correct because my black daughter-in-law (now X but I still love her) was from a little Island no where near Africa! Anyway, later today or tomorrow I'll ask my Filipino daughter in law if Oriental offends her and I know what she'll say. She will say NO, not at all.

14. Denise Evans

Registered

I've had some bad experiences, everyone has, but I realize after awhile, that I learned a long, time ago, that if I dwell on something, I am giving power to it. Almost allowing it to consume my life. I've talked before about some situations actually making me feel sick. Hating someone, or some thing (and I do sometimes) causes me pain. Probably doesn't effect the "hated" person or thing, since one doesn't usually know, and the latter is inanimate.

Since some of you have mentioned the "other" site many of us were on, I'll just say this. The other day someone was telling how it actually help "SOC" because someone "over there" was complaining about it. If we complain or talk about "that other site" then we will do the same. There are a lot of folks here, that have never been there, right?

Ok, now I probably better slither off and hide somewhere before I get hit with a pie:rolleyes: If I do, I hope it's "chocolate dream pie" but my luck, it will be a cow-pie. Thank you, now I'm off to visit the DMV, and possibly end up with a worker that's had a bad day:(

15. Linda Binning

Registered

Shirley Chink is offensive to a lot of people. I know that from listening to my dad and uncle (who were in WW2) talk.

I know someone used the term "darkies" on SF and that went right by the Asian sensor. To me, darkies is almost as bad as using the n word. And as long as we are talking about PC words, as I white gal I don't like being referred to as a "cracker". I don't even know where the term comes from unless it's from white soda crackers.

I hope I'm not getting off topic here. I'll have to scroll up and see what this thread is about. :( Short term memory loss is a bitch!