Forum Members Messages And Alerts -- Share Here

Discussion in 'Family & Relationships' started by Yvonne Smith, Apr 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

I'm hoping that my iPad will last me a few years. I kept noticing that people that were purchasing the cheaper tablets were having to replace them quite often. :mad:

I have a celluar iPad Air with 128gb's. It was a bit pricey, but I don't have to trouble shoot it every time I turn around. After watching so many fighting with their tablets it took me awhile to trust my iPad.

Since I'm such a tech zombie, be able to rely on my iPad is essential. :rolleyes:

Diane Lane and Chrissy Cross like this.
  2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

@Ina I. Wonder , did you do the iOS 10 update? Can you still save an image from your mail?

3. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Your ipad should be good for a long time, @Ina I. Wonder . My old one was an iPad 4, which came out before the iPad Air was first released. I think I got it in around 2012-2013, and it still works fine.
    I have slowly been changing over to using the iPad Pro that Robin got me for Christmas, but I can still use the old one and it works just fine. Your iPad Air is much newer, and should last as long as you want it to, plus you have lots of space in there, so it will take a while before you fill it up.
    I did the update, @Chrissy Page . I don't know if I can save an image from email because I never get any that way, but I can still save images any other way that I could before. Can you not save them now ?

Ina I. Wonder likes this.
  4. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I can save them everyway except email. I would get pics of grandsons in email and usually save them to my photos but that option disappeared.

Diane Lane likes this.
  5. Chrissy Cross

Registered

image.jpeg This is my email on my iPhone which I haven't upgraded yet, I used to be able to do the same thing on my iPad.

6. Yvonne Smith

Okay, I sent myself a picture, and it still works for me, Chrissy, but it does look different. Instead of the box like you have with your phone, mine now pops up this box.
    Possibly, also it might be what email server you use that is causing the problem.
    IMG_0049.JPG

7. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Interesting ...what do you have to do to get that?

I have yahoo mail mainly.

8. Yvonne Smith

I just touched the picture, same as before, and this popped up. I can try sending it to my yahoo mail and see what happens.

9. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Ina I. Wonder and Yvonne Smith like this.
  10. Ina I. Wonder

Registered

I just got off the phone with @Sacheen BrightEagle, and she asked me to tell those of you that cared and prayed for her and Phil that she truly thanks each of you.

She was able to go home today, but at this time, she doesn't feel up to handling all of the correspondences and well wishes that have come her way. She wishes to recover and gain her strength back before she joins the outside world for a while.

She told me she is going to be ok, but that things like her health and that of Phil's, (Phil surgeries and her bleeding ulcer), just got out of hand, and the many different pressures built to a point that suicide seemed to be the only relief available at the time. She feels that she is stronger now, and she will fight for recovery.

So, please everyone have some compassion, and let's help our friend, not hinder her.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2016
  11. Ina I. Wonder

Registered

This is not everything I wrote. There was a whole paragraph that has suddenly been delete. It was only a plea for space and to not be hounded anymore by one of our members.

12. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

Which would only be guaranteed and seemed designed to bring about another public fight here in the forum and unnecessarily so, since she was in the forum at the time that you posted it.

13. Ina I. Wonder

Registered

No design meant here, Sacheen wants people to know that she appreciates all their prayers and good wishes. She is just not up to dealing with the hassles being thrown at her at this time.

She is just asking for peace. Where is our compassion ?

Last edited: Nov 8, 2016
    Yvonne Smith likes this.
  14. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

She is in the forum. She doesn't need you to post messages chastising another member of the forum for her. No good can come of it.

15. Yvonne Smith

I am so glad to hear that both @Sacheen BrightEagle and @Sifu Phil Bonifonte are doing better, and will soon be out of the hospital. Having been there myself, I know how awful that is for anyone, and how thankful they will both be to be feeling better and home again. /
    They have been in our prayers, and will continue to be there each day.
    I also had to block someone who was calling me "trailer trash" and other nasty things; so I agree with what you are asking for, and we know that having a fight is not the answer to anything, @Ken Anderson .
    I have actually almost stopped posting anywhere here just in order to avoid any more stress. But, as my dear friend, @Ina I. Wonder pointed out, our friends are here, so the good outweighs the negative by a long shot.

Bobby Cole and Ina I. Wonder like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.