Forum Flag Alerts!

Discussion in 'Comments on Forum' started by Kitty Carmel, Mar 29, 2018.

1. Kitty Carmel

Kitty Carmel Veteran Member
    Registered

What's the most you have ever gotten? I think mine is about 18.

Do you feel a little let down if there are none when you come to the forum? I do a bit.

BTW on that "other" forum, I hated the alerts because they would do negative alerts as well as positive like agree and disagree.

Edit: I spelled alerts wrong and can't change it. **Embarrassed** But I've never claimed to be a good speller. :)

Patsy Faye and Frank Sanoica like this.
  2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I used to get a lot but not so much now....it doesn't matter one way or another.

As for the other forum...are you talking reputation points? I never got a negative one there.

3. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

I don't know how many I've ever got at one time. Sometimes a lot sometimes none when I come onto the forum, ..depends on what discussions have been going on I think. It's nice to get them but I don't mind if there's none there... I play a lot of games and mostly we don't get 'liked' posts for games..

4. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Kitty Carmel
    Now, now, I think I spell "Alleve" wrong, too. Some words seem elusive in my old age, even though I've always been a good speller. Surprising how often people spell everyday words wrong, like "prarie". Ancient I never get wrong, because it is the EXCEPTION to the "i before e" except after c" rule!
    Frank

Kitty Carmel likes this.
  5. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Dunno. Sometimes a lot of them and sometimes only a few depending on how much I frequent the forum. Generally speaking, I like the allerts because they let me know of a continuation of a topic I am already interested in and who likes the two cents worth I might have put into the subject matter.
    And wow, allerts really isn't spelled that way? Why not? Rally, Really, Well, Spell, Tally, Hell, Fell, Kill and Will all have two L's so why should alert be deprived of a well earned L?
    I think that it's rather stingy of whoever made that decision. They really do not cost that much if you buy them on Amazon and some of them are actually free.

Kitty Carmel and Yvonne Smith like this.
  6. Kitty Carmel

Registered

alerts
    Yes that's what they call them the reputation points. I got a couple negative ones. Can't remember what they were for. They just seemed kind of cowardly.

7. Kitty Carmel

Registered

I think too that there isn't a lot of activity on the forum if I don't see at least one alert. Not that I'm so active at participating.

8. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Wow, I'm surprised! Ive never even given a negative rep...even though Ive felt like it sometimes. :)

9. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I feel that way sometimes too. When I have no alerts, or only a few, I start thinking that the forum isn't very active. Then I remind myself that the alerts are also a measure of my own activity. If I haven't participated in very many threads, I am not going to get very many alerts.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  10. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

It's always nice to find a few alerts when I've been sitting out for a spell. :)

Bobby Cole likes this.
  11. Kitty Carmel

Registered

I agree. This is a very good way to look at it.