Former Nazi Concentration Camp Guard Deported

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Holly Saunders, Aug 21, 2018.

1. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

The United States has deported a former Nazi concentration camp guard back to Germany.

Jakiw Palij, 95, was taken from his New York City home on a stretcher and spirited early on Tuesday morning to Germany, the White House said.

It came 25 years after investigators first confronted Palij about his past and he admitted lying to get into the US, claiming he spent the war as a farmer and factory worker.

Acting on a 2004 deportation order, the Immigration and Customs Enforcement took Palij into custody and sent him to Germany.

Read more here.... http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...mer-Nazi-guard-arrested-deported-Germany.html

after reading the article...what's your views on this?

2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

My view is...it's too late, he's 95!

Should have been done sooner.

Don Alaska and Holly Saunders like this.
  3. Holly Saunders

Registered

See that's my view too CC....however that's not to say even at 95 years old he should be allowed to live scot free and face no consequences ... but the chances of him living to even face a court are slim to almost none!!

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  4. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Strange things happened after WWII. I don't know how he got here, and I don't know how much he was responsible for during the war. It does seem a little late, but I guess there is one more in the U.S. in Minneapolis who is 99. I know this is off track, but the same can be said for the former head of the CIA who was a supporter of Communism in a previous life (John Brennan) even GOT a security clearance that could be rescinded. Maybe the government should ask Google about these things. Google probably knew about this Nazi in 2000--maybe that is how he was discovered in 2003. He should have been deported then!

5. Holly Saunders

Registered

Obviously any criminal regardless of how long ago their evil deeds should be brought to book... but I think that at age 95 it's going to cost the tax payer ( American and German ) so much money to attempt to bring him to justice, it surely would better to keep him under house arrest for now and spend the time and resources checking if he has still connections to the communist regime ..especially through younger family members.

6. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

My understanding is that they were going to deport this guy years ago but no one had an arrest warrant for him and no other country would take him at the time. Also, I heard that he had been training to be a camp guard. He would have been in his late teens or early 20s. I don't know that they had a lot of choices as to where they were assigned so I would think that any personal guilt on his part would depend on what actions he took. I don't know the facts but if it is true that they were going to deport him years ago but gave up when no one would take him, then it seems kind of pointless to deport him at his age.

Holly Saunders and Don Alaska like this.