Forget Transgender

Discussion in 'Not Sure Where it Goes' started by Holly Saunders, May 24, 2017.

1. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

I am gonna leave all this right here for the moment @Chrissy Cross ....I am not in a good mood and for very good reasons today. I do not want to great hostile environment for myself at this time.

Holly Saunders likes this.
  2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I'm not saying I agree with it, just saying what's out there.

3. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

I know Chrissy....

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  4. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

So sorry that today is not being a good day for you @Gloria Mitchell . Sending you virtual hugs and a prayer to comfort you.

IMG_0746.JPG

5. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I was just coming back here to give you a hug also, @Gloria Mitchell.

My day isn't great either but probably different reasons...

Bobby Cole and Hedi Mitchell like this.
  6. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Ok, I lied!
    Will post this, because, as Christians, wife and I don't agree with anything that is not "Christian" based and/or denounced by the Holy Bible.

If I get some, or a lot, of slack for saying that......oh well, have at it!

Bobby Cole and Frank Sanoica like this.
  7. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

:)

8. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

Maybe we just need to have a group hug for everyone whose day needs a hug.....

IMG_0747.JPG

9. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Naw. Just need a good/stiff drink! Drink meaning alcohol. That always cures a bad day.

10. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

and you're absolutely entitled to your opinion @Cody Fousnaugh as everyone is...

Thanks to @Billie Lane for explaining everything clearly and for understanding the original question...

11. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Unfortunately ( or perhaps fortunately) a lot of us don't drink alcohol, apart from a few drinks when I was a teen I've never liked the taste or effect of alcohol so I don't touch it......in fact if I drank that stuff, I'd be adding even further to my existing problems... I'll pass... lol

12. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

No problem, Holly.

13. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Actually, I believe some things just shouldn't be revealed on any forum. Can create to much tension. There are just those that don't believe in certain things, no matter how well they are explained.

14. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

As a Christian, I can only believe in God’s design, and I don’t believe that He intended gender to be a matter of personal choice so no, I am not going to make an attempt to learn fifty or sixty gender definitions, especially with new ones being invented every week.

As a human being who likes to consider himself to be reasonably intelligent, I think I’ll accept biology for what it is, rather than change it whenever someone thinks up a new gender.

I don’t really care what gender someone is, or what gender they think they are, as long as it doesn’t require homework (or extra work) on my part. Although I am highly unlikely to do so, I can promise you that if I should ever open another cafe, there’s no way that I’m putting in sixty different bathrooms.

That said, it doesn’t offend me when someone decides they are going to be something other than what they seem to be, nor do I feel the need to call them out on it. Gender is only one part of who we are, after all, and it’s certainly not worth fighting over.

I once lived near a guy who claimed to have been a Navy Seal. It so happened that I knew that he had never been a Navy Seal but if he wanted people to think that he was a Navy Seal, or even if he believed that he had been a Navy Seal, that wasn’t any of my business. I know there’s such a thing as stolen valor, but that wasn’t my thing. I wasn’t going to waste my time listening to his war stories, but if having been a Navy Seal was important to him, that was fine with me.

I think of myself as being a tolerant person, although you might believe that I am deceiving myself. I am not a politically correct person however, nor do I intend to be. I don’t consider rudeness to be an acceptable response to very many things in life, but neither am I going to pretend to understand or accept something that doesn’t make any sense to me.

But if you’re transgendered, you don’t need me to accept that this is a reasonable thing, and I don’t need you to view things my way. Unless we're married or you're dating my son or daughter, I am not a participant in that part of your life. Your opinion is as valuable as anyone else's here, but no more valuable.

Perhaps there are people here who would like to understand it since it's certainly been made into an issue, so I have no problem with it being a topic for discussion here, so long as it doesn’t lead to fights.

The simple rules should work:
    1. Try not to be too offensive.
    2. Try not to be too easily offended.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2017
  15. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

By the way, my daughter was gay and I can't say that I understood that either, but I certainly didn't hate her for it, and that didn't detract one bit from the pride that I felt in her accomplishments. Yes, she was gay but she was far more than that. We had a very good relationship.