Forensic Files

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Ken Anderson, Mar 26, 2016.

1. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Since I had taken another thread off-topic, I have moved several posts from another thread, about Jury Service, here. I was the one who took it off-topic, so I have fixed it. -- Ken Anderson

That's exciting...you saw a murder??

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2017
  2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

No, I was among the first two people on the scene of a murder. The ambulance beat the police there but not really, because my partner was a constable. This one.

I am pictured more than once (the same picture) in this episode of Forensic Files, although they have actors playing the part in the reenactment. They didn't call me for the retrial.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2017
    Holly Saunders and Chrissy Cross like this.
  3. Chrissy Cross

Registered

4. Ken Anderson

Yes, and Craig Zimmerman is on the right.

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  5. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Did you think she did it or was it suicide?

6. Ken Anderson

Everyone was thinking suicide at the time, although his wife was acting oddly. As someone mentions in the Forensic Files episode, she didn't act the least concerned. A drink in one hand and a cigarette in the other, she greeted people at the door as if she were having a party. Also strange was that her 16 year-old son, who later became a lawyer who fought for her retrial, supposedly slept through the whole thing. It was a big house, but not that big of a house. It did look like a suicide, though.

7. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

I just watched that video.. @Ken Anderson ..

How odd that both the blanket and his T shirt went missing, and that she was having a painting party just hours after he died...

She comes across as a thoroughly dislikeable personality...

8. Ken Anderson

We probably cut the tee shirt off of him so that we could assess his injuries, and left a portion of it intact. The tee shirt probably got tossed with all of the other bloody stuff when we cleaned the ambulance.

As for the rest, the police did not consider it to be a crime scene at the time that the shooting occurred. Since there was no designated crime scene or tape that would put anything off-limits, I am not surprised that she wanted to get the mess cleaned up before the whole house was swarming with flies.

No, I thought they were wrong when they tried to make that out to be something wrong on her part. Neighbors who offered to help her clean up the mess were threatened with arrest, but were never arrested because the police neglected to establish it as a crime scene. She seemed odd to me, but I didn't see anything that indicated anything other than a suicide.

Holly Saunders likes this.
  9. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Did she ever collect on the life insurance policy? They don't pay if it's suicide though...right?

10. Ken Anderson

In Texas, they do, as long as the suicide takes place two years or more after the policy is taken out. I am guessing she probably collected on it after her acquittal, but it was withheld at the time because she was being tried for the murder.

11. Holly Saunders

Registered

Well you were there as a professional so I would accept your view on this of course...

However I still think 10 hours after your husband has committed suicide, you wouldn't be in any fit state to be cleaning up any kind of mees...especially not your own husbands' brains... nor would you be having a painting party... yes by all means accept the offer of help from the neighbours... ( mind you I don't know anyone who would immediately hours after someone's blown their brains out want to rush to start cleaning it up) ..but more so that the wife... who I still think comes across as smirking, slimy and dislikeable.. ...(although that doesn't make her a murderer)... would have been way to distraught to have even wanted to enter the room much less have a painting party..

Incredible.... but fascinating to know you'd taken part in such a Huge Court Case.. Ken ..thanks for sharing that with us..

12. Holly Saunders

Registered

at the end of the video it said she never got any of the money so she was thinking of writing a book

13. Ken Anderson

Most of us never have to deal with anything like this, so I suppose it's hard to know just what's appropriate. On television, if they deal with the cleanup at all, they show a professional forensic cleaning unit coming in and making everything like it was before all of the blood and stuff. The reality is that these agencies cost a fortune and, although these people were once worth a fortune, they were in debt, and she may not have had access to much of what they did have. She probably couldn't afford a forensic cleanup unit and leaving it be just doesn't work.

The reality is that, far too often, the family is left to clean up the mess, and if they wait too long, it's too late for the room to ever be livable again. However long she waited, it would have only been a bigger job once she got back to it.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2017
    Chrissy Cross and Holly Saunders like this.
  14. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Also everybody reacts differently to grief and they always say that in trails...also, she could have hated him.

Ken Anderson likes this.
  15. I remember seeing that episode only a few months ago... never heard of Forensic Files til my t.v. converter box started bringing in a channel called EscapeTV less than a year ago.