Foot Spa, A Necessary Item?

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Cody Fousnaugh, Dec 20, 2016.

1. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

I read that one thing that is good for my foot injury was a foot bath with Epson Salts. We done it with a small tube, that I could barely get my feet into, but my feet sure felt good afterwards.

Since we both can get "tired feet" from too much walking and/or standing, we thought that an electrical foot spa would be great. I've done a lot of online research and read many reviews and one of the best ones I've found is the Pibbs FM3830A Portable Foot Bath Massage. On Amazon it costs around $90, but the reviews are much, much better than the cheaper ones at Walmart, Khol's and Bed-Bath and Beyond. BTW, remember that Thread that I done called "Cheaper Doesn't Mean Better"? Well, the foot spas at those stores are cheaper, but, from what I've read, definitely not better than the Pibbs one.

My question is..............do you have one and/or know someone that has one? Do they like it. Our neighbor told me that his daughter has one and loves it.

This foot spa would be like the crutches and wheelchair we bought when I injured my food: A necessary item to have around as wife and I get older.

Ina I. Wonder likes this.
  2. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

I don't have one but I may get one
    Foot massage is very good for you, affecting not just yer feet, but your whole wellbeing
    I'm sure you will like it too :)

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  3. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I was thinking the same thing, @Patsy Faye. Thankfully so far my feet are good but it does sound like something that would be beneficial and pampering at the same time.

If you get that one @Cody Fousnaugh, let us know how you like it.

Patsy Faye likes this.
  4. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Will do that.

5. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Bought it on Amazon today. The price came down some, so my wife told me "get it". No S & H or tax added on. That was nice!

6. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

Hi @Cody Fousnaugh , I had both feet operated on twenty years or so ago, ans sometimes they just hurt, for whatever reason. I have had a Dr Scholl's foot bath for a long time now. It has several setting, vibration, massage, heat and even an infrared setting, although I admit I haven't a clue what infrared is or is for.

But yes, with epsons salt and a fluffy towel, I can crawl into bed, and get a nice full night's sleep without foot pain.

Patsy Faye likes this.
  7. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Epsom salts is a great way to add magnesium to your body because it is absorbed through the skin while you are soaking your feet. Not only does the Epsom salts help stop the foot pain; but it also helps you to get some much needed magnesium and in a very easy way.
    I usually use one of those plastic dish-washing pans that I can put in the bathtub and then just perch on the edge of the tub and soak my feet. It is much easier than having to carry the water somewhere to empty the pan efterwards.

Patsy Faye and Ina I. Wonder like this.
  8. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Awhile back my husband was having pain in his heels that wouldn't go away. So I ordered him a Homedics foot spa. He used it one time and now it is sitting in our closet. I did find a solution for his heal pain though so that is gone now. And maybe I should take that foot spa out and pamper my own feet with it since by the end of the day my feet ache and probably would enjoy that foot spa with massagers that I bought to help my husband's feet. :)

Patsy Faye and Ina I. Wonder like this.
  9. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

To let you folks know, I've used the Pibbs Foot Bath/Massager twice now and love it. We put Dr. Teal's Pure Epson Salts Foot Bath in it. Wife use it last night, for the first time, and loves it also. Well worth the $80 spent for it.

10. Missy Lee

Missy Lee Veteran Member
    Registered

Hubby bought one and used it maybe 3 or 4 times. It sits in the original box in the shed now.

Tried to unload it at our garage sale last year. No takers on the Saturday or even after we reduced the price on Sunday.

It will be donated to the local Knights of Columbus for their sale in a few weeks.

11. Chrissy Cross

Registered

My feet are still one of my best body parts, lol...they never hurt and they're pretty, so ive been told. :)

I get a pedicure about once a month and that's enough for me.

12. Missy Lee

Missy Lee Veteran Member
    Registered

That's what my hubby needs Chrissy....a pedicure done by a professional. He has a hard time cutting his nails himself any more and won't let me do it.

He made the attempt a week ago and the end result he is now on antibiotics.

13. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Many men get them and for health reasons like neurothopy.....they can't feel if they're cutting nail or toes.

Actually I think here if it's a health reason then insurance might even cover it.

Missy Lee likes this.
  14. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

We actually bought the Pibbs for the foot I hurt last Oct., but that foot is now healed, but we continue to use for our feet. It is truly relaxing and healthy.
    Love it!

15. Chrissy Cross

Registered

As long as you use and enjoy it that's all that matters...I tend to buy things then use once and don't bother again.

I have a good quality back massager that fits on a chair...it's under my bed. :)

Also have one of those pillows with a v cut out by the tailbone...I don't even know where that is...got that for my longer driving trips where sitting on my tailbone hurts but it just wasn't comfortable driving sitting on it.