Food Recall: Over 1.7 Million Pounds Of Frozen, Stuffed Chicken Recalled

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Diane Lane, Jul 13, 2015.

1. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

2. Hannah Davis

Hannah Davis Veteran Member
    Registered

Another recall, this is becoming scary in some ways. I am starting to wonder just what kind of protocols are in place to keep the consumer safe. It seems like lately there is a recall a week happening for one reason or another. The Salmonella ones really concern me, who is inspecting these factories and making sure they are up to standard. For that matter is anyone inspecting these factories. But then again this is chicken, meat in general can have this problem if not stored properly and not prepared properly. I just hope they find the cause of this Salmonella outbreak, but then has anyone found the cause of the Blue Bell Ice Cream contamination.

Diane Lane likes this.
  3. Diane Lane

Registered

I'm not sure if they've found the cause of the Listeria outbreak at Blue Bell, but several sites were involved, and I saw a headline earlier that they will be coming back soon, so I assume it's almost cleaned up. I watched this a while ago, and couldn't eat chicken, or any meat for that matter, for a while after seeing it. It might answer some of your questions about inspections and standards, though. http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/trouble-with-chicken/

4. Dave Sun

Dave Sun Veteran Member
    Registered

Diane, Blue Bell is back. I saw their ad on TV last night.

Diane Lane likes this.
  5. Diane Lane

Registered