Food In Our Home

Discussion in 'Food & Drinks' started by Corie Henson, Jun 23, 2015.

1. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

Majority of our food is of an original recipe that we invented. Even a simple broiled fish has a touch of originality. The first food that I want to showcase is the cassava cake. When our cassava crop is ready for harvest, expect friends and relatives to get a taste of our original cassava cake which is made from simple ingredients - cassava, young coconut flesh, coconut milk, condensed milk and sugar. That simple.

In photo is the output of 2 kilos of cassava that we harvested. IMG_1081 cassava cakes.JPG

Sheldon Scott likes this.
  2. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

Looks good, Corie. I get a lot of recipes from the internet these days. I usually make some changes to fit what I have or what I like.

3. Hannah Davis

Hannah Davis Veteran Member
    Registered

This looks like a really good recipe, and it sounds simple to make. I have to hand it to you for being so original with your cooking. I can be considered somewhat original, but I do it more on a semi-homemade level. I would take cans of say soup and experiment with different flavors. Yes, I open cans and take it from there, but I have come up with some interesting combinations along the way.

4. Corie Henson

Registered

Yes, @Hannah Davis, it looks good and tastes good too. What's best is the simple recipe.

Here is another simple one from our kitchen. We call it Tomato Chicken. The ingredients are...
    1 whole chicken, 5 red tomatoes, a teaspoon of salt, potatoes (your call on how many).

The procedure is very simple. Crush the tomatoes on the chicken like a marinade. Press the flesh of the tomatoes for the juice to come out. Leave it for 10 minutes before mixing it with your hand. Sprinkle the salt on the interior and exterior of the chicken. Put the chicken on a hot plate for roasting. Don't forget to pour the leftover tomato juice in the interior of the chicken. Bake in 300 deg for 1 hour then 350 deg for 30 minutes. You can join the potato for the last 30 minutes of roasting. The potato will serve as the garnishing.

Sorry, I have no available photo of the Tomato Chicken.

5. Corie Henson

Registered

Beef Porridge is one of my favorites. It is also our original recipe with beef as the main ingredient. Cooked until tender and mixed with boiled glutinous rice, it is eaten best with friend tofu (bean curd) dipped in a mixture of vinegar and soy sauce. We normally cook beef porridge during the weekend or vacations when we have guests coming for lunch or dinner. But beef porridge is actually for the afternoon snack.

When my father in law came home for a vacation from the US, he would always request that beef porridge since, he said, there's nothing like it in America. And he would joke that we could be rich if we open an eatery in the US for that specialty food.