Food Companies

Discussion in 'Food & Drinks' started by Janice Martin, Apr 12, 2017.

1. Has anyone else noticed this: when food companies are purchased by other companies, the products are really awful?
    I bought a box of Hostess cupcakes yesterday, and, as I've experienced before, they're so dry they seem stale.
    Another example: Campbell's purchased Franco-American, and the canned spaghetti no longer resembles the original product.

2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Those are two products I haven't eaten in maybe 40 years so I wouldn't notice any change because I don't remember what they tasted like...

It's very rare that I buy anything canned except maybe tuna or sardines or smoked oysters.

As for sweets...very rare and it will be only one cake pop or something like that.

Janice Martin likes this.
  3. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

The last time I ate a Hostess cupcake I found it dry too...but I didn't know another Company had bought them out...I just thought they were more than a few days old when I bought them. :( Now days it seems unless you can buy something when it comes right out of the "oven"...it may be quite "old" by the time you do buy it.

I do notice that sometimes "generic" brands of food and other things actually taste better than some "name" brands.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2017
    Janice Martin likes this.
  4. Yes, the original Hostess company went bankrupt, I think it was in 2012. When locals heard about this, they were all racing to the grocery stores and Walmart to buy up every last box of Twinkies left on the shelves. :p I only bought one, but my big thing was Beefsteak rye bread, so I snagged a few of those and popped them into the freezer. I just noticed I still have one left- should I throw it out? :eek::p

Missy Lee and Babs Hunt like this.
  5. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

As long as it makes you happy seeing this in your freezer....let it stay there. :) But I definitely wouldn't try to eat it.

Missy Lee and Janice Martin like this.
  6. That's a good one!!! lol :p:p:p

Babs Hunt likes this.