Fluctuating World Prices Of Oil

Discussion in 'Energy & Fuel' started by Avigail David, Jul 2, 2015.

1. Avigail David

Avigail David Veteran Member
    Registered

I heard from a billionaire and businessman that ISIS now owns Iraq. Therefore, Iraqi oil now belongs to ISIS? If these terrorists became millionaires all of a sudden by brute force and murder, do you think Iraq has hope of claiming back what is theirs with the help the US? How?

This gets so messy. According to Trump, the Obama administration should have been so smart and clever to have stayed there with more power and gotten the oil , developed the infrastructure, and shared the oil with all the rest of the nations. And more money for the American people.

It seems that Obama doesn't know what he's doing for his country and for legal Americans!

2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

As much as I like to blame Obama for everything, since he is perhaps the worst thing ever to happen to America, I'll blame Bush for this one. When we first became involved in regime change in Iraq, Bush promised that Iraqi oil would pay our expenses. Of course, we soon learned that wasn't going to be the case. We paid to blow things up. Then we paid to rebuild them. We paid to arm and train Iraqis who never had any intentions of being on the side of anything that could remotely be in our interests. Obama, of course, continued all of this, but it started with Bush.

Diane Lane likes this.
  3. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

Prices of oil here is deregulated so it fluctuates when the world price moves. Unlike before when the government would declare a price change for the gas stations once a year, now it is the gas companies that declare increase or decrease in price. As an economist said on a radio interview, that's goof for our economy because the price fluctuation is felt by the consumers. I agree to that.

Before our president got into his position in 2010, the cost of unleaded was 50 pesos per liter. As months pass by, the price was inching and inching upward until it reached a high of 54 pesos. But 2 years ago, the economy stabilized and world prices of oil went down that consumers were happy to see a big drop in the cost. It is now 45 pesos per liter.

4. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

Pardon me for this ignorant comment. Why should the US meddle in Iraq affairs? Be it Bush or Obama, I guess the US has no interest in Iraq except for world peace which is an elusive thing. Do you really think that it is right for the US to take control of the oil business in Iraq? Now, with this ISIS thing, that is what's bugging me because it has the temerity to use children in their crusade and they are expanding their territory every day.

5. John Donovan

John Donovan Veteran Member
    Registered

Oil runs the world. It's one of the, if not the most precious resources nowadays, and given that Iraq has a lot of oil, if the US wouldn't meddle with these affairs, then they would lose a huge opportunity. I think that oil is what keeps even ISIS still running. The money oil is bought with goes to them, or so I've heard.

It is a really twisted thing, but it's a necessary evil, and as long as we can keep them in line, terrorists will never pose a true threat to the world.

6. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

Iraq was a country well developed and was not bothering anyone. Then with lies spread by the US and UN which proven later. It was only a reason to destroy them. Then they had democracy push upon them democracy has not worked well in the Islamic world. The US made ISIS and funded them now they claim they are the big boogeyman. It seem that any country that is going well and does not have a Rothschild bank must be destroyed.

7. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I think our wars in the Middle East were over the World Bank more than oil. The countries that we have destabilized or changed regimes in were those that had refused to join the World Bank.

Martin Alonzo likes this.